Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

What exercises or stetching are good for the neck ?

I was wondering what kind of exercises you do to relieve pain or tension.

When I do eq the stretch where you bend your right ear to your right shoulder I get pain al the way trough my collarbone and shoulder and pins and needles al the way to my vingers. does this happen to you too ?

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,833
    It should only give you a pull.
    I would check with your doctor to make sure you are doing it correctly and to ask for other types of neck

I could give you a list of 10, but they were set up for me. What works for me, might spell T R O U B L E for you.

Talk to your doctor or physical therapists, they are in a much better position to give you accurate answers.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • That's true dilauro, my physical therapist gave those exersices to my last year, but I stop at the point when it starts to hurt. that also apply's for the double chin stretch.
  • StormSStorm Posts: 26
    edited 04/05/2013 - 10:29 AM
    I was thinking again about what you said about a PT but when I talked with my PT last year I heard a lot of , hmmms or maybe's. Perhaps I should put it in a different way....when I stretch my neck to the right should it then give more space for the nerves in the neck on the left side ?
  • ...something is being compressed - whether on the right side or the left side - probably not a good sign.
    I have been going to a physical therapist the past few weeks and anytime tingling increases, they want to know. It seems that depending on the intensity of the tingling, they have me continue or stop.

When "pain" or discomfort occurs, they want me to stop that exercise immediately.

Maybe it's time to go back to the physical therapist? Or, your doctor just to check things out?
    10/26/2012 ACDF C3/4 C4/5 surgery
    No pain; no pain meds - thank goodness!
    04/01/2013 - 5 months + 1 week - FUSED
    Doing some physical therapy for even better range of motion
  • I guess your right francine, next time I see my doctor I ask him, I asked this because these 2 exercises are given the most for pain relieve and should be good for the spine, perhaps not for me :)