Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Recovering from Back Surgery

Hello Everyone. thought I would give a little update. I had my L4-5, L5-S1 fusions on March 18th. The initial few days after surgery were rough. For me not because of pain but because I have a hard time being dependent on anyone. I went home on the 4th day post-op. I was pretty much unable to use much pain meds as it made me sick to my stomach. I have now been home for 5 days and feel pretty good considering. I have pain in my right hip and pretty intense numbness in my right foot. I also find this brace to be a torture device. It pinches and rubs in all the wrong places. It actually hurts more than the surgical site at times. But I believe it is so far so good. i will keep updating and looking on here to see how others are doing with their recovery. Thanks,

• Mymaia:

Congratulations for crossing over to the other side. Welcome to the world of spineys.

Improvement/recovery is measured in days initially, and then it extends into weeks. It is amazing what the human body can endure and how quickly it can recover.

As best as you can, maintain a positive attitude and let others help. I know I have always been reluctant to let others help; however, I have learned that it makes them feel better to do so and most often they do so without any expectation of "payback." Let them help.

Good luck.

Jim - another L4-S1 spiney.