Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

C7-T1 Fusion

I have not found out for sure yet, but I may be facing a surgery on my C7-T1 disc. From what research I have done it seems that it is a different area than the other cervical vertebrae but then despite this I can't seem to find a lot of info on any differences I may face going through a surgery at that level if any. Has anyone here had surgery done at this level and if so was it different than the typical accounts you read for cervical surgery? Do they still take the anterior route typically? Is recovery similar? One of my best friends had ACDF of her C5-C6 so I'm fully aware of the experience for the 'standard' procedure, and I just want to know if mine would probably be like that, or if having C7-T1 done will drastically change the procedure.

From my knowledge and understanding, often surgeons tend to make the process seem better than it actually turns out to be, that's why I'm looking for some actual real personal accounts as opposed to just waiting to ask the surgeon everything. The surgeon who did my friend's surgery may be doing mine and although he is a fantastic surgeon who is well skilled/did a great job, he did sugar coat the recovery process when explaining it to her beforehand.
Microlaminectomy and discectomy at C7-T1 on April 26th.