Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Pain Diary

Hi my name Tina i log on most days and read the recent posts, some times i comment or create a post but most days i just read. It makes me feel better when i see how much surport you give one another and how inportant this site is to its users. Well abit about me i have had a C3/C4 C4/C5 C5/C6 fusion in 2007 then a C6/C7 fusion in 2012 i also have spondylotic cercical myelopathy, then new in 2010compromise at L4/L5 L5/S1 also a mild thoracic scoliosis 2011. This all has an effect on my day to day living, my lack of mobilty and having to give up work was the hardest to cope with at first . I was only 33 at the time. At the moment i am writeing my pain diary, i have been in chronic pain for about 4 to 5 years now but i have got to say i feel that my pain is at its worse it has ever been i have talked to my GP she has uped my meds i have rang my pain team last week and they have given me an phone appointment for 30 mins tommrow were i will have to discuss my pain and read from my pain dairy,but as i went over my dairy today it made me quite sad is this the way things are gonna be . Don't get me wrong i got a good out look on life i get up every mornning and every days a new day i just know my limmits now, and i thank God for all i have but i am just tired . My mom said to me yesterday you look so sad lately i say what i always say no i am fine dont worry but you no what i am tired.

• Kort JesterKKort Jester Posts: 18
    edited 04/05/2013 - 5:05 AM
    I am right beside you.
    the lack of sleep and the run down feeling can be worse than the pain itself :(
    Jester in Ja's court :)
  • slopatientslopatient Posts: 6
    edited 04/05/2013 - 5:51 AM
    Take proper sleep and rest. you will feel better
  • Are you seeing anyone to take care of your mental health? There are people who specialize in helping people that suffer from chronic pain. You can see someone one on one or there are also pain classes, where as a group you work though common issues. I've been told from my primary care provider that depression and chronic pain run hand in hand.

Good luck!
  • Thanks for your comments and addvice, i have had depression for 3years now because of low mood due to the pain and i have good days and bad days. I do take meds for this they do help, they take the edge off my day and make me less moudie easier to live with .
  • KnitKnutKKnitKnut Posts: 9
    edited 04/06/2013 - 8:04 AM
    It might help to do this also if pain is keeping you awake. I have a hard time getting comfortable when the back gets the legs going.
  • Hi Knitknut i also have problems sleeping, but i been working no it when i wake up at night time now no matter how much pain i am in i am try not to get out of bed just trying to move my legs in the bed that way and move around and get my back and my neck comfortable, because if i get up smoke or make my self a drink i am up for hours so i am just trying different things at the moment.
This discussion has been closed.