Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Long Term Chronic Back Pain Sufferer.

Hello, thank you for allowing me to join this forum.

I am a 73 years old woman, I live in the North of England and I have suffered from chronic back pain since 1976, when I lifted a typewriter at work. I have had all the treatments available including a laminectomy in 1983, the only thing I I haven't tried is being treated by a chiropractor.

I am married with two children, I had to retire from work in 1987 due to a second accident at work.

I hope that this introduction is enough,

Thanks again,

MaryL

North of England
What cannot be cured must be endured.
advertisement

Comments

• Hi Mary i am also a long time chronic pain sufferer, well not as long as you 7years i was 39 last week i have had a C3/C4 C4/C5 C5/C6 C6/C7 fusion and i have other problems at other areas in my spine but i will not go on. I also am from England Birmingham i hope you fine this site as use full as i have takecare.
  • tina coyle said:
    Hi Mary i am also a long time chronic pain sufferer, well not as long as you 7years i was 39 last week i have had a C3/C4 C4/C5 C5/C6 C6/C7 fusion and i have other problems at other areas in my spine but i will not go on. I also am from England Birmingham i hope you fine this site as use full as i have takecare.
    Hi Tina
    Thank you for your message, I am sure that I shall find this site very helpful, this back pain is very debiliating isn't it? It has affected my mobility too, I can only walk a few yards, out of doors. Osteoporosis has now got into the act, ah well, keep on trucking. Take care of yourself.
    What cannot be cured must be endured.
  • Well Mary we might be in for some better weather, i feel the differance in my pain and my mood when its not as cold so i might get out abit more .
This discussion has been closed.