Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hello from Montana

I am a retired cop....no jokes!
I have two torn discs between L3 L4, Degenerative disc disease, and arthuritis. All in the back. I have had injections, nerve ablation, and epidurals. With MS Contin 30 mg x2 per day, I can exist.
My hip now has arthuritis and my pain is skyrocketing. MRI just done to see extent.

I hope to learn how others deal with this issue. It truly is an adventure!
To top it off, I just crashed on my '06 Harley Davidson Road King and smashed the bad hip. I pray my pain dr. can help me beyond the back issue. That is pretty much under control.

Thanks S.

• webdzinwwebdzin Posts: 4
    edited 04/07/2013 - 7:47 AM
    Welcome! I am new here too! I worked for the Dept. of Corrections way back in the day. :) Most of my issues surround the cervical fusion that I had 2 years ago but I have some other slight disc bulges in my lumbar region too. I also have sciatica and some days it is hard to walk.
    Shame on you for crashing a Harley! :) Was your MRI done before you crashed? If so, you might want to see the doc (spine surgeon?) who is helping you with all of this?
    Life is to precious to just exist!
    I hope these forums can help you! I will say some prayers for your quick recovery!
  • I hit gravel and DOWN I went! I am as sick about that as m hip pain!
  • Welcome. I've been around the site for a couple years and have found it really helpful. I'll add to the loose linkage between all of us...I used to work for the Court System. Have you had an MRI for your lumbar as well as your hip? I wasn't sure. What kind of doctors are you seeing? If you have arthritis I suggest a rheumatologist to see if there might be some meds. to help with the inflammation or provide other suggestions. Are you seeing an Orthopedist for the back and/or hip (with the group I use I see a Doc. for spine and another for hip/knee). Re: hip - I've had 1 doc. tell me pain in hips was arthritis and another that it is bursitis... Webdzin - I think we have shared before - I also have scoliosis which makes the the whole lumbar area a little more complicated.

I hope you both enjoy the site. I've gained a lot of support and knowledge from the site. I hope you both have a similar experience. And I thank both of you for your service.
    4 level ACDF C4-C7 5-2-11, laminectomy & discectomy L4-L5 1/26/12, ALIF L4-5, L5-S1 12/10/12.
  • Welcome I have RA and have gotten remicade transfusions for 3 yrs and it has helped my pain a lot. I also had major back problems with siatic pain down right leg.I struggled for 4 yrs with that. I did PT, chiropractor, steroid shots ect. Nothing worked so finally went to a great surgeon and he said my vertabra was tipped right off the disk and 2 disks were gone, arthritis, DDD, scoliosis. I just had ALIF L4L5S1 lumbar spine surgery on the 13th of march.It was rough but I think it will be worth it.I was cut front and back but he said its done to make everything stronger.I gained an inch and a half in hight.Feeling better everyday. I cant wait to get my life back.I hope you find whats best for you.This site is very helpful and the people are very nice. Good luck and stay strong kathy
    Kathy B
  • edited 04/10/2013 - 2:59 PM
    best of luck for life ahead kathy
    sarah james