Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Anyone experience both arm and leg pain??

I'm scheduled for C5-6 and C6-7 ACDF in two weeks. I am curious if anyone else with cervical spine issues have had both arm and leg pain?

Both left & right arms and legs hurt to some degree, BUT I have the most pain with burning/tingling/numbness in my LEFT shoulder, down arm and into hand and also in RIGHT hip, down leg and into my foot.

This seems so odd to me. Anyone else have anything similar? If so, did cervical spine surgery resolve the leg/foot issues?

• tina coylettina coyle Posts: 125
    edited 04/13/2013 - 3:43 AM
    Hi in 2007 i had such problems with my legs and arms what you are haveing, and i had my first surgery in may of 2007 but defore i had my surgery they told me that i already had spinal cord dammage and that it should only stop things getting worse at that level i had C3/C4 C4/C5 done and then in November i got C5/C7 done in 2007 I was told i would always have problems with my legs because I hade cervical myelopathy but my arms went back to normal. In 2011 I had C6/C7 done, but every bodys case is different my dises had been lying on my spinal cord for years and I did't know. One thing surgery will do worse and hopefully things should be ok . Talk to your consultant tell him your concerns . Life was better after surgery.Takecare Cinbad
  • That's another thing to add to my list of questions to ask the dr. I now have a 3 page list, I'm hoping the dr will let me go through all of it with him!
  • I from the UK and about 2hours before surgery the consultant will come round with the consent form and then he asks you one a one to one basis have you any last min concerns before surgery, thats what happens here any way I offten asked questions and if its your first time for this type of surgerg, he will understand your concerns Lee
  • jellyhalljjellyhall Posts: 4,373
    edited 04/13/2013 - 12:55 PM
    Cinbad said:
    That's another thing to add to my list of questions to ask the dr. I now have a 3 page list, I'm hoping the dr will let me go through all of it with him!
    Cinbad, I suggest that you write your list of questions in priority order with the ones that are most important at the top, then if you run out of time, at least the most important questions will have been covered.

Something else I did when I got home and remembered some questions that I didn't ask, was to write to the surgeon and ask them. Both times I did this I got a letter back answering my questions.

I did have symptoms in both arms/hands and legs/feet. I had a 2 level ACDF done 5 months ago and still have most of my symptoms in my arms and legs. Not sure if it is from cord compression/ permanent damage or lumbar problems returning. I had a whole spine MRI with contrast done yesterday, so hopefully that will give us an idea of what is going on.

I hope that you get some answers so that they can formulate a plan to help you. :-)

• Hi Cinbad. Yes I too have had similar problems. Have sent you a PM as I am new to this and only just finding my way around