Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Chronic Lower Back injury (Nurse) 27 years ago Trauma at work.

DawnaDawna Posts: 2
edited 04/13/2013 - 6:21 AM in Sacroiliac (SI) Joint Problems
I have Chronic Back pain which was initially caused by a work injury ...

Lifting Elderly non weight baring patients 40+ times a day dragging heavy Chairs in the duty of a days work as a Nurse, until I was forced to go part-time after a fall down Wet stairs also at work ..all recorded..

I have had an MRI scan and Xrays back in 1994 and seen a Consultant who offered me a fusion I refused as I has 2 young children both delivered by EPIDURAL.

Unfortunately this occurred when I was a Nurse working for the NHS in the UK from 1977-1984 Initial Trauma Heavy continuous Lifting & a Fall down 11 wet stairs landing on my back LHS.

I had to continue working part-time with pain in my back..... causing numbness in the toes and sciatic and Peroneal nerve pain in the upper aspect of my left foot and back LHS I retired in 2009 but was always better on the move..now I just sit all day..The NHS have accepted attribution and I have an Injury Benefit.

My Feet seem to present with all sorts of pain issues and on occasions now some 27 years on sometimes never know when this will occur.....I cannot weight bare or walk as It presents with ligament pain in the heels and malleolus of the feet or foot. This is known as Plantar Faciitis which is caused from an imbalance of the lower discs and gait I hobble..

I have nerve pain on the LHS of the spine where I fell in 1984 hard on my back..I always lifted manually with my right arm in the days I worked in Psycho/Geriatric Nursing back in the 1980's when I was a young Nurse. Poor Health & Safety...

I have been looking at the Micro Surgery and wonder if I would be a good candidate for this and would it improve my quality of life. I am only 56 and cannot work any longer I am retired on ill Health because of this disability.

No Support from the NHS over the years although documented and they have betrayed me basically not much help from my General Practitioner either.

The problem is S1 L4/L5 Compression which is NOT constitutional, caused through TRAUMA has now become a permanent Injury a bad Chronic One.
Can anyone help or suggest any way I can improve my Life which has become so limited now, it is making me depressed as well.
Hope to hear from someone who can advise Thank you!
advertisement