Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Any advice please

I was diagnosed with a C6/7 intervertebral disc prolapse in 2007. My symptoms didn't resolve with non-surgical treatment so in 2009 i had C6/7 anterior cervical discectomy & fusion. The pain in my neck ,shoulder & arm started to get better but after about a month the pain got much worse & the numbness/ tingling in my hand & fingers came back. My GP sent me to a Orthopedic spine surgeon. A new x-ray was taken it shows that the cage has subsided through the superior end plate of C7 & there is surrounding lysis of bone. There is no contact between the bone graft substitute and the end plate at C6. The cage appears to have rotated in situ. The inter vertebral disc space itself has closed down. There is some mobility of this between flexion & extension x-rays. The space for the C7 nerve root has reduced due to this collapse & the level has dropped into kyphosis. To cut a long story short i have had 2 further surgery's to settle my arm / hand pain down & it hasn't worked it has made the arm neck & hand pain worse plus i have very bad headaches every day. The advice i am after is has any one had ACDF & had the cage collapse into the lower vertebra? The cage has been left in my C7 & i am starting to wonder if the cage might be causing some if not all of my pain. Any advice or information you can give me will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.