Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Where will you be in a Year

Ok, your right here, right now...
coping skills are improving
your accepting the fact your not
the "old you"
the "old and worn out you"
the old and worn out and tired of being me..you..."

Its time to move past the initial shock, anger and denial of what has happened.
if not ready, stop reading here and go on back to feeling all sorry and worthless, and un worthy, and undeserving, and left behind, and unwilling to go on, move on, get on...
ok, now that your all good and depressed, get off your broken spiney booty and do something about the situation.

Its your body, not your mind thats ahh..less abled.

the Mind, Body and Spirit are all interconnected, the triple helix of existence.

the body, tells the mind owwwwww! enough,
and soon you start to believe the totality of your existence is tied to the pain input..
and then you get down..
in the dumps, in the emotional gutter, the depression, the black, the bruised you...

you are more than the sum total of all your pain in your parts.
before this you had"a life"
you could do, and did!
and now you cant..

what is stopping you from "Becoming" again?
your mind and spirit are still intact
and hungry to achieve.

learning to step away from the all encompassing pain input, the getting control of it, is the first step..

I have pain
I have this pain
I have been in pain
I will be in pain.

I acknowlege that I am in pain
I will be in pain
and there will be pain in the future.

I study my pain
i seek to understand this pain, and that pain
I look for answers about the cause, nature and remedy of the pain.

I look to truly understand the cause, to then understand the nature and truth about the sense of pain.
is it psychological?
is it physical?
is it the cumulative acts of the nerves, firing, unceasingly,
is it the cumulative effects of pain, unending that start to were you down

determine the true nature first

you are not your pain
your mind is stronger and fleeter than you think.

mental strength..
what is it to you?

you may not be strong now
but you will be
understanding, wisdom and knowledge open doors
open yours.
what and who will you be next year?
William Garza
Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,865
    edited 04/16/2013 - 7:08 AM
    Another year older
    ... Another year wiser ( I hope )
    ............Another year figuring out ways I can be better than I was last year

Oh, I am sure I will still be right here
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • RangerRRanger on da rangePosts: 805
    edited 04/17/2013 - 2:00 AM
    Hey Ranchhand,
    You've been here a long time and you bring a wealth of knowledge to this site. I can so relate to what you post here, reflecting through my past challenges. Been through all the ups and downs, the anger and sarcasm, the denial. There will always be the pain, pain is relative, and I accept that. What tomorrow will bring, one never really knows. We need to set goals, goals that are attainable so we lessen our frustration so we can focus on something other than our discomfort.
    I made a promise to myself that I would be better when I turned 55 than I was at 50 and I achieved that goal, both physically and mentally. My next goal which I believe is attainable even with upcoming spine surgery is to be even better when I turn 60. I can do this and so can most others, you just got to want it bad enough.
    Remember, every day is a good day, some are just better than others.
  • I still try to be better everyday... but when I look through the newly hurt, or the long term suffering , i hope they find peace or make peace with the situation and the time they have.
    I spent soo long in the darkness of the soul, that i would not wish it to be anyones burden.
    i have a old friend who in a misguided effort, will not "give up the fight' misguided because he is only fighting his own body which is no longer capable of what it once did.

Yes I did give up, and in to the inevitable, it was a "tactical withdrawal" if you look at some of the classical writings of oriental heritage, none say to stand your ground...the "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!"... attitiude
    Musashi in essence, and Sun Tzu talk of knowing your enemy and striking where and when you can, and its not cowardice to back up from a fight...it just means that your still..IN THE FIGHT... and your not wasting resources uselessly.

I look at all the Spine-Health community, as heroic and good and worthy of the highest esteem.
    even the smallest act of defiance is a moment of glory, of greatness and of absolute good.
    Only by continuing forward can we see where we've been as a community, and as individuals.

Ime breaking down physically, its a fact, and its ok, ime still fighting every step of the way...there may or not be an Alamo moment, but for now ime still here in the field of honor, never giving up, never giving in, never giving an inch without a fight..
    and next year i will be better, because i never gave up...

yes you.. your not alone, ever.
    the Vikings had a shield brother
    the Spartans had the most trusted man on their right to guard their back on the line
    the strongest was at the end of the line, because he had no one there to watch his back..
    no one that is other than his shield brothers.
    why despair? you have a little village of Spiney Brothers and Sisters who can will and do have your back.
    will you have theirs when the time comes?
    will you be their shield brother against the Beast?
    will you stand toe to toe against the darkness at the Gate?
    will you be there as the shield against the Darkness?

will you stand tall with some of the finest people on earth if they falter?
    If they fall..
    will you stand over them and fight for them? until they can stand again?
    are you that strong, As The Hon. Mr Dilauro said, to be the rock against which life will rail and wrack will assail, until the storm is over???

Can you be a teacher, a friend, a strong shield?
    will you?

I can and have
    Will you?

William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health