Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Facet injections/ Medial Branch Block

Hi i need some help, i can't get the dr to return my phone call & not having much luck trying to look up what's going on.

So here it is, i am 27 & have been having back pain since i had my son at 18! Over the years with surgerys and another child it just got worse, but after my hysterectomy 10/9/12 i finely went to the back dr last month (March) I have degenerative disc disease of the thoracic spin. So he set me up for the back injections, scared to death of having this done, i did it anyways in hopes it would help! ***WRONG*** I had the Medial Branch Block 6 shots in my back (horrible pain & pressure) I also had the conscious sadation. 4/16/13

My pain was just in the lower & middle of my back, now i have pain from my butt up in my shoulder blades, & is worse then i ever thought was possible! I can't find a good way to sit or lay, laying on my stomach is the most painful! So now I'm 70x in more pain & have back spasms. It's hard to explain the pain, its kinda sharp, & feels like its tight, & something like pressure on my spine. Hope that helps understand it.

Also like I said i had the conscious sadation in my bottom. It is numb in that spot, but when i sit or stand sometimes it feels like someone is stabbing me.

I have no clue what's going on, is this normal, should o be even more worried then i am? I Can't get the dr to give me a call back & really need answers. I hope i gave enough information and explained it well enough for help.

Thanx for taking the time to read :)
Love Jessica

• I am so sorry that you are having a hard time getting answers from your own Dr. We have all been through that and it drives you NUTS... I had the Medial Branch Nerve Injections back in December with no relief at all... That was the precurser to having the RF Ablation and since it didn't work I didn't have to have the RF... Thank Goodness.... What I think, and I am just a patient, is that when they went in there with the needles they must have hit the nerve and really agitated it... Hopefully it's something that will resolve itself in time, but when you have procedures like this done the Dr.'s and Nurses should make themselves available to you.. They know how anxious we are about our back problems and they should realize that these procedures make us more anxious... We want and need answers...even if they think it's not important. So, I hope you get this worked out and I wish you luck... Rhonda