Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

How can I be for sure?

I have bulging disc at c4-5 and c5-6 and some other problem with c3-4. These headaches are terrible. The dr. has suggested ACDF. I want to know if I can be for sure that these headaches are caused by these disc before surgery. Is there a certain test to see for sure?

• My headaches were always on the left side where both my C5/6 & C6/7 discs were bulging. Surgery was on Monday and the none stop killer headaches that was always on my left side above my ear is currently gone. That's just my story.

I'm sure the doctor has told you that there are no guarantees. It's your choice and you have to do what is best for you.

I am only 6 days out from surgery, and I am struggling with the pain; but I will say that I honestly feel that I made the right decision to have the surgery and am following my surgeon's instructions 100% to have the best results possible.
  • Cinbad:

You know it...he said there are no guarantees bit this headache is relentless...seems like it never leaves. I have had lumbar fusion and boy was that tough. I just don't want to do surgery unless it will fix the headaches or if something drastic might happen if I don't. I find myself wishing I had a crystal ball...lol
  • I agree, there are no guarantees. But let me tell you this: I've had 1 3-lvl ACDF and two 1-lvl lumbar fusions and recovery from cervical surgery is much easier than recovery from lumbar surgery. Of course, it takes time and it is painful, but not to the extent of the lumbar - now that's one long, painful recovery. ACDF - not so much. A few months after the ACDF, I felt much better and fairly normal, just scared I'd screw something up so I babied myself for a while.

Sorry, that's all I have to add, but hopes it helps a little in your decision.
  • Thanks Cathie,
    I have been told by the dr that this surgery would be a breeze compared to the three level fusion I had but that went in one ear and out the other ear. To hear it from you really means something. I do appreciate your insight.

Thanks again
  • I had horrid headaches on the right side of my head before surgery, and I haven't had not one since my procedure on Friday. Of course there is no way to predict the outcome of a surgery, but the way I looked at it was nothing else had improved my condition so what did I have to lose by finally doing the surgery?
    Microlaminectomy and discectomy at C7-T1 on April 26th.