Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Has anyone had sciatic pain relief from ascorbic acid

PicassoPPicasso Posts: 7
A friend of mine has had some relief from ascorbic acid (a form of vit C) I'm told. Im very skeptical of OTC treatments b/c of side effects, interactions, and because someone is always trying to profit from others desperation in getting adequate pain relief. I've had chronic leg, foot, and hip pain for about 8yrs now and all from a small L4, L5 herniation that strangulated the sciatic nerve. I had back problems many years before from work as a landscaper but it became intolerable at age 27 and after much pt, traction, injections, and other therapies I had surgery at 28 which was unsuccessful at alleviating sciatic pain. I live w/ pain daily and will discuss any treatments w/ my Dr prior to trying anything, even otc's. But would be curious to hear from anyone who's heard of "Ascorbic Acid" & has had significant pain relief from its use. Thank you for any of your responses.

• Peter BPPeter B Posts: 511
    edited 05/01/2013 - 12:56 AM
    Vit C is a well known treatment for lots of things, and you may do better to do a web search on pain and Vit C.

We take a high dose daily of a quality product for general good health.

You'd be amazed at what it can treat.

Dietary deficiencies play a largely ignored role in our health, and an improved diet mat be all you need in many cases. The problem is getting the right advice not tainted by big business and drug companies.

With research though you will be able to do it.

Doctors seem to ignore nutrition both as a cause and a treatment of illness. Just drugs and surgery, or put up with it.