Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Sorry false alarm - unstable thoracic fracture HELP any other ideas

thoracic spine painthoracic spine pain Posts: 566
edited 05/01/2013 - 8:58 PM in Upper Back Pain, Thoracic
Was feeling good so decided to clean the bathroom. Am now back up to 7-8 pain level.

Has anyone got any other ideas for thoracic pain. I can't handle this incessant pain anymore.

Am posting this because I went to my physio and what she did worked in relieving some of the pain.

I have an 80% wedge fracture of T5 caused through trauma mororbike accident. The pain has been unbelievable for 7 long years and had totally stuffed my life.

My physio looked at my back and because there is virtually nothing where my T5 should be she worked out that my T4 was taking most of the pressure and my ribs were not in the correct place, they were moving.

I knew this wasn't a stable thoracic fracture, I was so tired of drs telling me it should be stable without actually touching me to see that my thoracic spine does move, because I had damage to my ribs, muscles and tendons as well.

Instead of working on T5 she worked on T4 and moved it back into place - she could see it move and I could feel it move. Before this everyone was working on T5 and on my radiating shoulder pain.

If anyone else has a thoracic fracture which they think is unstable maybe get the physio to work on the one above the injury - the T4 must have been trying to compensate for virtually NO T5.

She taped it starting from the outside of the ribs through my T4 pulling my ribs attached to my T4 and T5 back into place. She is trying to get my shoulder to sit in the right place by itself. It has given me the most relief I have had in 7 years. I am in a much better mood too - laughed this morning Yeh!

Just a note of caution mainly to myself - I have had things that I think have worked before but this has reduced the pain for 5 days if I don't twist my spine too much. The tape also helps me to remember not to twist. Just having a couple of hours without constant pain is amazing. I can pull my ribs back towards my spine and can actually get to T4 myself to push it back in. I can pull my shoulder back into the right place by myself.