Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

C6 or 7 free floating moves in and out pain unnearable pleas help

I have had pain in my lower c spine that has gotten so much worse as of the last year or so!! It started after my neck had been bugging me! (Aching) so i had a friend who showed me how to "pop" my neck! Biggest mistake that i have ever made!! My neck instantly started to hurt and i got a headache like never before in my life!! I figured oh well im a man im 31 im invincible so it will go away!! Took around 800ml of inuprophen and 500 tylenol! Headache was a little better! Went to work as a furniture delivery man!! By the time i got off the pain was intense so bad i didnt want to move! Went home laid down Didnt sleep i finally went to the er when my arm started to hurt bad and my ring to pinky finger on my left arm was numb and tingeling!! Dr.s answer caused alot of problems for me for the last two years!! Didnt find anything on xray! Percoset a day off a neck collar and a go to ur family dr! Week after it first happened pain was down to ok with percoset! Went to family practisioner and was handed more meds and schedualed mri and physical therapy!! Mri showed no significant issues went back to physical therapy!! Back to dr 6 weeks later still in pain with headaches so bad extra meds and ibu's to be able to function!! I have been suffering thru this for 3 years taking pain meds to live!! One interesting thing i figured out is if i can get the muscles to loosen up some i can use two fingers and push the c6 or c7 vertebrae in towards my chin and it will pop in and pain is gone for awhile!! Dr says it is normal but i dont have any other bertebrae that i can push in towards my throat! If i sleep with the back of my head against my shoulder blades i can actually sleep a couple hrs before i have to move!! Sometimes i can feel the vertebrae click against my throat when i swallow!! I have in the past 3 weeks finally weaned off pain meds but now i remember why i kept them in my system!! No wds but now this pain is starting to get in the way of my life again!! I want this fixed some how and chiropractor made me hurt bad!! Whats up with my neck that causes severe headaches and intense pain in my neck and shoulders?!?! Please someone tell me something i want this gone i want a normL life!! Is my vertebrae supposed to be free floating in the c6 c7 area!?!? What helps get rid of the pain?!!
Thank u in advanced!

• Hello there,

First thing I would consider doing is going to see a neurosurgeon and explain to him or her your symptoms. I would keep a journal or write down everything you have going on and hopefully an MRI will show what the deal is. X-Rays are almost a rather useless tool to show pinched or compressed nerves, which the MRI will show.

Good luck and please keep us posted.

• chrispmancchrispman Posts: 2
    edited 05/10/2013 - 6:18 AM
    hi there. i'm sorry to hear what you've been going through. maybe i can give you an extra idea here or two. it certainly sounds like a neck problem. your symptoms could also be something called facet joint syndrome.

have you tried epidoral injections? if you go a couple of round of them, the doctors could hone in better on the problem. they will usually do the disks first round and if that doesn't offer any relief they will do the facet joints next. could help you get an idea of exactly where your pain is coming from.

i wish you luck.

Link removed, it is not permitted
    Post Edited by The Spine-Health Moderator Team