Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

spinal injections

I was severly injured in an oil field accident leaving me with broke pelvis all my ribs broke collapsed lungs L1-L5 spinal fusion laserated organs facial reconstruction etc. I have my first pain appt. On the 29th of this month as im very eager to start treatment hopefully subside some of this suffering ive heard a lot about spinal injections being non affective and dangerous if not done correctly im very optimistic scared and nervous of my fitst appointment my question is is it common to recomend spinal injections for spinal fusion patients or is that more for disc problems and people who havent had major surgerys? Has anyone with fusions been recomended injections at pain managment or u think ill jusy get pain meds? Im willing to try absolutly anything for relief but very scared of injections any relation to this topic would be greatly appreciated thanx
Life after DEATH

• Welcome to Spine Health,
    As far as injections go, for some they do wonders in reducing the inflammation and pain, and for others not so much. They are recommended to most back pain patients simply to see if they will help reduce the inflammation and pain. The steroids and lidocaine used help to reduce swelling or inflammation over days weeks and for some months. It is usually done in groups or series of three injections, in the event the area is missed, or the injections didn't help, they tend to want to repeat those at least once more, to see if the repeat will offer any relief.
    There is a forum on Spine Health that deals with injections, and discusses the types done, benefits, and risks. You may want to take a look at it. You can find it in the treatment forums.
  • Injections help some and for others not so much. I just had two rounds of Facet Joint/Epidurals done. For about a month, I felt better than I have in a long time. But, all it took was two rounds of golf to put me back into pain.

I'm afraid that I'm stuck with oral meds the rest of my life. Perhaps a pain pump later on down the line, but we will see.

Several Epidurals, L4-S1 360 ALIF, Numerous Facet Joint Injections, RFA x2