Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Need to see obgyn after ACDF

I was diagnosed with bacterial vaginosis 3 days before my anterior cervical fusion. I had surgery a week ago today. I finished the course of Flagyl (antibiotics) but am still having symptoms and will need to go back to my OB/GYN. My worry is the examining table, getting myself up and down. I still sleep in the recliner and don't lay flat yet. I'm worried about the pulling in my neck to get flat on the table and then pushing back up to seated position. Any tips on doing that without hurting my neck?

• I'm sorry you have not only a spinal issue but an additional issue as well. I do not have cervical issues... but perhaps wearing your collar/brace (if you have one) could help with the moment sitting up to be sure not extra pressure is placed on your neck. If you don't have a brace, request they use the stirrups and do not recline all the way back. There are multiple positions they can use to examine you if you are up front and honest with your limitations. Best of luck to you and welcome to our forum!
    33yo mom of two. My surgical history...preadolescence scoliosis, kyphosis, and a hot mess.... 5 spine surgeries and lots of items added I wasn't born with (titanium, peek, surgical steel). Guess cremation is out. TSA loves me.
  • Thanks for the advice. I talked to my surgeon's nurse and she suggested something similar, to not have the table laid flat and to use pillows. I still don't sleep flat because it's just so much pushing and pulling to get up and down. I tried again last night and ended up in tears. When I get flat, I feel like I'm being choked by the collar and I feel trapped. In the recliner, I feel more in control and less afraid.