Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

4 Hern disk T4/5 T5/6 T6/7 T7/8 Hit in the back by cargo in truck.

PainfullPPainfull Posts: 6
edited 05/20/2013 - 4:38 AM in Upper Back Pain, Thoracic
1997 I was injured at work my doctor gave me ibuprofen and told me that I had damaged muscles. Next he told me I had damaged tendons. Then he told me I had damaged ligaments. 4 months later he did a MRI and told me the truth 4 herniated disc. I went back to work after 2 weeks of getting hurt and did my best to keep my job. For 12 years I worked. Each year I got a little worse. My new job was sitting in a chair in my opinion the worse thing that they could do to me.
Still I did not give up. Lack of sleep and stress took its toll until something popped in my head in 2010. 4 months later a MRI and a CAT scan and no answers to what happened. Now when my pain gets bad it over rides my fine motor skills and I start shaking from my chest down into my arms and hands. Doing my job a technician with my hands shaking the way they do is impossible. Solder a part back on a circuit board a part you cannot pick up with your fingers. For me impossible.
I have pain radiating around my rib Cage which is relentless and frequent muscle spasms.
Around the disc area. I have tried many different medicines; I have had about 15 shots of steroid/epidural injections, tried chiropractic, Tens unit, soft-tissue manipulation, core strengthening exercises, bed rest, acupuncture, etc. I also take two different pain meds every day. I have chronic pain everyday, spasms, stabbing pains, burning pain and what feels like electrical shocks and not just in my back, also in my arms. And it just hurts to breathe when I take a deep breath.
Medication helps get me out of bed but that's about it. They help, but they do not alleviate my pain by any means.
I fight nausea, dizziness, and fainting from the pain.
How do I find a job?
SSD said if I can button a button pick up a coin and open a door I am not disabled.

4 Hern disk. T4/5 T5/6 T6/7 T7/8

• PainfullPPainfull Posts: 6
    edited 05/22/2013 - 3:34 AM
    When the pain would stay in the back near my injury I could cope with life better. When the pain started to move into my neck,chest and arm is when things went downhill. I pushed myself to the breaking point and lost. I allways tried to work and take care of my family no matter how much pain I was in. Now my child lives in poverty and her dad is a broken down old man. I can not hide my pain enought to get and keep a job and yet I am told to get a job. I feel SSD stole my money I was hurt at work and yet they do not want to help me.
    I used to cry everyday now I cry about once a week maybe I am healed.
    4 Hern disk. T4/5 T5/6 T6/7 T7/8