Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Is Treating Low Back Pain as Easy as Taking Antibiotics?

dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,865
This is a forum to start a discussion in a blog that Allison Walsh put together in our Spine-Health article library.

This is the actual article: Is Treating Low Back Pain as Easy as Taking Antibiotics?
Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com

• Hi Ron, so interesting that there has been a couple of posts on antibiotics and pain. My rheumatologist started me on Doxycycline a few weeks ago. I have tried Celebrex, Mobic and Hydrochloroquinine and the side effects were horrible on my stomach. She said antibiotics have been found to help with inflammation in our joints and along with the pain medications, pool therapy will hopefully improve my chronic pain. My orthopedic surgeon who did my microfracture knee surgery in Jan. was interested in this and had never heard of it so wanted to do some research and talk to my rheumatologist. He said even after all the yrs. he had been in practice he still learned something new that day. I will keep in touch and let you know how they are working. Keeping my fingers crossed :)

• smith234smith234 Posts: 1
    edited 06/13/2013 - 4:11 AM
    hi.......to back pain first see and feel it also be normal and the simple way to it, not be take the very long
    operation to it. so that be solve this problem very natural way like natural method and you can take some medical discription.
    so let's you see the best results.................
  • are increasing my pain. I have a suspected low grade infection in a knee replacement (one sample came back positive and one negative) so I am on a 3 month course of oral antibiotics, clyndomiacin and rifampin. One of the side effects is it makes pain meds less effective. I've been on it two days and have increasing pain levels. Don't know if I am on the type that would be used to treat the bacteria that would get into discs but I do know that rifampin is used to treat mennigitis so I'll let you all know if I have decreased pain in the long run.
    laminectomy c4/c5 2008, ACDF c4-c7 Jan 20 2014 sched