Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Asking for your help!

I would like to target the focus of my blog to meet the needs of the chronic pain community. Can I please ask for your help and suggestions.

I have a strong personal commitment to giving back to the chronic pain community, and I am wondering if I could get your help to determine what might be of the most value to you in a chronic pain blog.

I have an extensive medical background and really enjoy doing research in the area of chronic pain.I would like to share this information with others who may not be able to do this research.

This will NOT be a commercial blog, just a way I can give back and feel like I am doing something that makes a difference in some small way.

I want to make sure I am providing fresh, relevant content that would be helpful.
This back forum and site is great, and I use it all the time, and promote it to others.However, my hope is that I can provide something in addition that would be of value.

What would be of the most value to you? Your comments are really appreciated.

( Here are some possibilities, please add your own ideas)

Medical articles, information about new treatments and links?
Travel tips and suggestions
Items you might want to add to your home to make life more comfortable
Tips on how to deal with surgery, choosing a doctor, dealing with stress, making good medical choices
Financing your medical care and paying for medications
New drug studies and results
Dealing with family issues concerning chronic pain/ illness
Info on trials and how to join them
Links to other resources
Info about new books
Stories about other people's challenges
Humorous articles about dealing with pain
Caretaker issues

My blog will likely help people challenged with chronic illness and chronic pain, which may be back related or from other conditions such as post cancer treatment pain.

Feel free to email privately if you would like with any ideas you might have.

A bit about me: I have suffered with the challenges of chronic pain for over 6 years. I am now considered disabled and unable to work at a "regular" job as I can't sit any more than 30 minutes at a time and am on pain meds to deal with my medical challenges.

I have been coaching and consulting for more 13 years, and finished the Duke University integrative medicine wellness coaching program last year.

I am not accepting new clients at this time- I am doing this work to keep my mind sharp, as a way to give back. And to give me the motivation to get up every morning!

Thanks in advance for your help and comments-

• kamgramkkamgram Posts: 483
    edited 05/24/2013 - 5:34 PM
    I think this would be awesome. I am having an issue with chronic pain and fibromyalgia. I have suffered chronic pain for several yrs. but last fall started seeing a rheumatologist who determined that I have a connective tissue disorder, Fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome. Do you think these are all connected and is there any studies that show they are??? It seems since my thoracic surgery a yr. ago and knee surgery in Jan. I am so tired all the time and sleep more than normal at times. I do have anxiety and depression also so Im sure this adds into the mix. If you could hlep me understand this better it would be great :)

Thanks for what you are doing :)
  • MetalneckMetalneck Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,364
    I am willing to do what ever moves our decided cause. My backround invovles over 30 year of healthcare management for both administrative, clinical, and technology application. I maybe of some benefit. Lets look towards an out line of our goals and prioritis. THis is a greatly needed structure as the forum has gone astray.
    Spine-health Moderator
    Welcome to Spine-Health  Please read the linked guidelines!!

• I am sorry about writting this but I have been on this site now for around 2 years. Most of the time I just read and sometimes I post. This site has already fallen into the sprialing downward hole of " diaganosing" though the post. If I read your post correctly you have the medical experience and also suffer from the pain. Well if you look though this site you will see example after example of people posting something then it being interpreted as " they want a diagnosis" then the question wars begin and everyone jumps in with there 2 cents worth. I am sure it is with good intentions but ends up causing more confustion than helping. It's nice that yo wish to help and I am sure your knowledge would help others but please remember something that many here forget.

1) You do not know the enititre story, nor will you, nor should you.
    2) many get on here for moral support not for a diagosis or to be preach at ( did you try x,y,z, yet? and what where the results.....)

People do ask specific questions that they are desperate for an answer too. Answering with an answer would be great, bombarding them to write there life story on a blog would not be.

All that being said this site has been a life saver to me as it is the only place I can discuss all the issues chronic pain produces, vent off some steam, and once in a while just post an interesting topic to think about. Most people can tell the difference, some can't.

I really hate giving advice but if you do pursue this please keep what I have said in the back of your mind? Remember that many people on here and others are at the end of there ropes ( why else would they seek advice from the internet?) and treat it accordingly.

Thank you for you time.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,839
    edited 05/26/2013 - 3:25 PM
    I have no problem with people reaching out and starting up things on their own. But reading this and getting enough messages is more to say that the post about starting up a blog , etc starts to step outside the boundary of forum rules.

I need to have any more discussions about this kept offline.

Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com