Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Anyone else have these same symptoms?

Hi there

I'm a middle aged male and I have cervical arthritis at C-4/C-5 with a bone spur, some disk degeneration and nerve impingement. My neck creaks and cracks and crunches and gets stiff and achey (especially if I turn my head for any length of time). I've also had severe bouts of pain where my neck feels like a crumbing concrete pillar with rusted out rebar sticking out and I'm just a mess. It doesn't help that I also have Tourettes.

About 2 weeks ago I turned my head sharply and heard/felt a loud crack. This concerned me but I soon forgot about it until later that evening when I began to have a left-sided headache and felt really loopy, dizzy and out of it. I also had this feeling like my mind had gone "retarded" and just felt very scatterbrained and disorganized in my thinking. Also, sometimes I would get this tingling sensation that would travel from the base of the left side of my neck all the way to the top of my head on that side.

The left-sided headaches and other symptoms continued for two whole weeks until I finally went to the ER today and spent seven hours waiting and going through various tests (CT Scan, Bloodwork, neuro tests, EKG, occipital neuralgia test, etc). Much to my surprise, everything came back normal and the Doctor suggested that all of this could be from my cervical arthritis and wrote me a script. Sure enough, when I got home I did some reading and they were the same symptoms I had gone to the ER for in the first place. I also read about cervicogenic headaches that usually occur only on one side of the head and are caused by cervical arthritis and it sounded just like me.

So does anyone else here suffer from the same symptoms I've described as a result of their cervial arthritis?.

Thanks for your input!.

• Hi, I also have cervical osteoarthritis from c4 to 7 with spurs, nerve impingement and central canal and formaminal stenosis. (found after recent neck injury)
    I have cracking sounds when I move my neck, mainly in a forward and back motion. (very annoying but not painful)

Most of my pain is from a compressed nerve that travels down my arm with loss of sensation to one of my fingers. I also have pins and needles and burning in my shoulders and sometimes in my other hand.

I found it interesting that you have these headaches. I have had these headaches before, on one side of my head, but have never contributed them to my arthritis. They usually are on and off for about a week or two and then spontaneously disappear all together. I can't say they caused me any mental confusion though.

Cervical arthritis affects everyone differently. Some people have it bad with no pain while others have a lot of pain. I think it has much to do with the level of nerve involvement. Nerves are tricky and cause a host of problems.

I hope you find relief soon. If not keep searching. The root cause might be the arthritis or something entirely different.