Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

ACDF

donnagddonnag Posts: 1
edited 05/27/2013 - 2:34 PM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
A little history, back in 1996 I had a two level fusion, C 5-6 and 6-7, fused with cadaver bone, recovered completely, no complications, and symptoms all resolved. A little over a year ago I began having symptoms again, did a couple rounds of therapy, which didn't help. So on April 10 had a ACDF, on C3-4 and 4-5. This surgery was trickier and longer than the previous one, and the fusion was done with a fibrocarbon cage and titanium plates. Recovery from this one has been rougher, probably because I am a lot older and it was more difficult. Was warned by my surgeon that I would have a terrible sore throat, but since I had no problem at all the first time around, thought this surgery would be the same. Wrong. I am doing better every day, but still have issues with my voice, I seem to only have one level of speaking, and some trouble swallowing certain things. I think the worst part is my energy level is a fraction of what it was before the surgery, hopefully that will continue to improve as time goes on. Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself and my experience.

Donna
advertisement