Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Disc about to 'go' - what to do

I've been pushing myself over the last few days and I can feel my disc is about to go. I've done silly things which I know I shouldn't be doing but I can't help myself because I get bored with waiting for hubby to do housework, so I've mown the grass, carried around washing baskets etc.

My back is feeling very fragile now and feels like its about to herniate the disc (the disc I badly herniated last june, herniated again in nov, then again very badly in March).

Any tips to avoid it going? I'm going to go to bed I think and sit and watch tv and avoid anything else but wonder if there's anything else I can do. Would taking diclofenac stop it slipping or will it just numb the pain?

• Ice heat 20"mins on 20 mins off alternate between the two, or if you can only talks one or the other use then one that helps best
    Warm epsoms salts baths are good for tight sore muscles, those help me a lot. Might just go have one to nite, maybe sleep better too. Epsoms have a lot of magnesium which is good at healing nerves and muscle, pulse it is used in just about every system in your body...
    Let us know how it helps you!
  • Well, I took diclofenac and went to bed, I've left all my heat pads in our weekday house so couldn't use them and I couldn't face ice as its so cold here already!

Woke up and my right foot is tingling and I'm getting spasms in my achilles so I'm guessing I've done something bad as I've been getting pain in my left foot only for the last year or so.

I'm seeing my consultant in 3 weeks so hopefully there won't be anything majorly wrong until then.
This discussion has been closed.