Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

ProDisc-C Artificial Disc replacement, anyone?

Hi,

I will be having a cervical disc replaced this summer with a ProDisc-C Artificial Disc. Anybody here have any experiences with it?

Thanks,
Robin
advertisement

Comments

• Considering an artificial disc at c5-c6, , i would have the prestige by medtronics. I would also have a 1 level fusion at c6-c7. I am still considering a 2 level fusion. Did your surgeon give you a choice between adr and acdf? Does your insurance cover the disc? Mine does not, they want a 2 level fusion.
    I'm beginning to think i should've posted in the cervical forum because like you, i haven't had any replies yet.
    Have a good night, M
  • I wasn't given a choice between ADR or ACDF. The reason for this is that in 2012, I had an ACDF and corpectomy (fusion and removal of vertebrae) from c6-t1. Since that resulted in adjacent segment disease in a year, my surgeon does not want to chance another fusion, as he said, I only have so much neck and we can only fuse so much. If I continue at this rate with fusions, I will have my whole back fused within 10-15 years. My doctor can't figure out why my back is falling apart so fast at my age (only 33). Now my right arm is atrophying in my forearm and bicep (which is non-existent compared to the left side), so I made an appointment to see my surgeon sooner rather than later. I hope I will have the surgery sooner rather than later as well. I am not sure if my insurance covers it, but my surgeon works at a research/university hospital with good charity programs, so it might not be an issue.

Thanks,
    Robin