Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hardly any sciatica

Just a update. had spinal cortisone shot Wednesday and I have to say that I have hardly any sciatica pain at night anymore! And I didnt take any pain meds last night either. So happy. I hope and pray it lasts for months. Best wishes to those who are considering it. I had a great experience. Yes it was painful to get done but so far I am having great results.

• sandisandi Posts: 6,343
    edited 06/01/2013 - 6:49 AM
    The injections can work wonders to ease the pain and inflammation in many cases, which is why they do them. They do seem to be more effective early on, meaning within the first 6 months or so of onset of back pain , but I am glad that you are getting good results.
  • My back pain adventure, the first 4 esi's I had kept me nearly pain free for 18 months, unfortunately after that they only lasted a few weeks so I had to resort to surgery. I hope you have years of help with injections. I know some people have long relief with esi's.
  • MommymicMMommymic Posts: 22
    edited 06/26/2013 - 3:55 PM
    Sciatica back at night as of this weekend. Dr said maybe a flare and to wait a week and see if it goes away. Anyone have pain come back after a month and go away again?
  • phoenixpainpphoenixpain Posts: 2
    edited 07/29/2013 - 8:21 PM
    I was speaking to a brain surgeon this week and he mentioned how carbonation in drinks causes deterioration of the bone structure. Just an interesting fact I thought I would share. It does seem degenerative disc disease does contribute to sciatica according to these guys

Link removed, solicitation not permitted.Please read the Forum rules
    Post Edited by The Spine-Health Moderator Team