Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

July surgery

Pink2lipPink2lip Posts: 123
edited 06/04/2013 - 4:44 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I am brand new to this site. I am having aTLIF L5-S1. I have a collapsed disc and degenerative disc disease. I have suffered for 10 years with chronic back pain. I used conservative methods and they worked for a bit, but not long term. At my last appointmeent with my spine doctor the pa told me I needed cymbalta and a chiropractic visit for the graston technique.

After this appointment I decided it was time to see a neurosurgeon. He took one look at my MRI and told me I had a snall herniation in the L4. It was notated in the MRI that the hernia was smaller than 2 years ago. I am ok with that. The spine center never covered the athritis and collapsed disc with me. I am going to address thatat another time.

So, go to the neurosurgeon and he tells me my L5-S1 is collpased and that a TLIF fusion is the best course of threatment. I went to the best neurosurgen in my area. My surgery is July 18th. I can't have it any sooner because Of my child.

I am so glad I read some posts on here. The doc told me I should recover in 3-6 months and they gave me a surgery date and overly expensive back brace. I am just waiting and researching. My boss has a friend who went through this surgery with the same doctor. He is the one who told me how grueling the revoery is and that I would be out of work 3-6 months. I do have disability pay at my job. The doctor is supposed to be the best. The doctor was educated at Yale.

I am sorry this is so long. I wanted to cover what I am facing and what is a head for me. I am over the what if's and the freak outs. Now I have to plan for everything. I am a huge plannner.

Is there a special forum for July surgeries.
40 year old mom
Tlif July 18