Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Finally, someone listened!!

Some of you know, I have been dealing with several issues relating to both lumbar and shoulder/neck concerns. I had an MRI done late last year, and have been to a few doctors to discuss my options...one told me that she won't recommend anything other than diet, exercise and PT (that's how she is with everyone, not just me)....another gave me a referral to a pain clinic and 2 prescriptions of Tramadol....and that's it, since I should have "felt better" by the end of the 2nd one...(the pain clinic I dealt with cannot prescribe meds, they only offer services such as the epidural steroid shot and recommend to your GP what they think for your pain)...the shot, well, that's another post I have on here with my experience.......

My 5 yr old daughter was seeing an FNP, who, through her appointments, I got to know a bit. I explained a little about what I was feeling, the problems I started having after the shot, etc and asked if I could see her instead....my appointment was today...

I went in in extreme pain, told her EVERYTHING...even the embarrassing things...she discussed Gabapentin, and I told her my concerns with that....so she started me on Tramadol (again) and Baclofen...after taking them, I was at least able to sit and help my daughter with her homework again! It felt great!!! They, together, took my pain from where I was, (wanting to bang my head on the wall) to more tolerable! I am so grateful....AND she ordered another MRI, thinking that I have regressed or gotten worse...for both my lumbar spine and my neck/shoulders...

• sandisandi Posts: 6,343
    edited 06/05/2013 - 5:58 PM
    I'm happy to read that you found someone to listen and take some affirmative action. It really does take a bit of time, persistance, and the right practitioner to get you started down the right road to getting the proper treatment and tests done.......
    Keep going and hopefully, you will have many more days like today.
  • gaj399ggaj399 Posts: 270
    edited 06/05/2013 - 7:57 PM
    I didn't say there would be anything easy about finding one. It sounds like you have one that is at least willing to listen to you, and try to help you get some relief. That's a huge start. I wish you all the help in the world to relieve your pain and to make it so you can feel what it's like to be pain free again.
  • blueeyedwolf1977bblueeyedwolf1977 Posts: 55
    edited 06/06/2013 - 1:27 AM
    to be pain free anytime soon, but with this combo it makes it so I'm not "completely" grumpy (although my hubby prefers another word lol) !! It's just nice to be ab;e to do things like be able to sit with my kids or go outside for a little bit with them and not be in so much pain I can't appreciate it....being able to spend time with them again is awesome!! Thanks!!
  • Susan, That's great news! Let us know what the MRI's say when you get the results.
  • blueeyedwolf1977bblueeyedwolf1977 Posts: 55
    edited 06/06/2013 - 11:10 PM
    and this time, now that I know they belong to me, am going to request I also receive a copy of them...last time I was told they (the MRI film) belonged to the hospital, the doctor, etc... and not me!!