Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

stir crazy

I had a laminectomy on June 13, I am thinking about going grocery shopping any opinions on it being to early to walk that much

• After surgery my doctor was ok to go out of the house after 10 days. The problem with the grocery store is that you could easily violate your doctors' orders, for instance, if he said no bending, stooping, twisting or lifting more than a gallon of milk. One thing I didn't think about was the force it takes to push a cart, especially as you fill it.

You could go to the store with family or friends. You also could use a motorized cart with a basket, but if you're alone then stick to what is ok to do and/or ask other shoppers or store clerks for help.

I know when I was ok to go out, I liked to go anywhere with the little push carts. Walking is good for you and you're out in the world again (just be careful not to over-do).
    4 level ACDF C4-C7 5-2-11, laminectomy & discectomy L4-L5 1/26/12, ALIF L4-5, L5-S1 12/10/12.
  • If you want the surgery to work, then you need to follow the directions and restrictions given to you by your surgeon. If he told you it was okay to go to the store, then do so, if he told you not to, or not to drive, then you need to follow those restrictions as well. We can't advise you to go against the instructions that you were given by your provider.