Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Leg Pain

I had so far two injections in my back. The second one I had this past Thursday and was terrible. I still have numbness in my left leg from upper thigh to ankle. Also I have horrible leg pain and this is why I had shots. I thought when u have these shots they need a MRI to know where the source is and to also know where to stick needle. My pain right now is a 11. I have pain meds that are not working at all. 10 mg lortabs. I was on oxycodone and he took me off that. I see my back surgeon this week and maybe ask him what is going on.

• The PM doctors usually do use something called a fluroscope which is a live xray when giving injections or most do anyway to make sure that they are injecting the correct area. It is normal for the pain to flare up for a few days to a week after an injection because of the increase in the fluids to the area injected. Then things should settle down.
  • AllMetalAAllMetal Posts: 1,189
    edited 06/24/2013 - 4:12 AM
    My ESIs were done under a fluroscope as well, and I too had pain for a couple of days before the flare settled down. I'm unfamiliar with pain of 11, In the USA pain is measured 1-10 with anything over an 8 not allowing you to sit and type at a computer.... Is there a different scale in different countries? I hope you are able to get your pain under control soon.
    33yo mom of two. My surgical history...preadolescence scoliosis, kyphosis, and a hot mess.... 5 spine surgeries and lots of items added I wasn't born with (titanium, peek, surgical steel). Guess cremation is out. TSA loves me.
  • Hi. Well.lucky me...have had three back surgeries since April, had two regular injections and then nerve root blocks and some stleroid and numbing med into each of the three nerve bundles. of course, the first few hours, when I had no pain, was great. returning to pre shot pain level quickly. .They are hoping this pinpoints exactly where the problem is in which nerves....
    How are doing , ?