Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Pain and discomfort

Hi can someone help or having same problems?? What's causing my pain????

I am under a physio and even though I had an MRI because of spinal and stomach pains my physio seems to suggest its my posture I need to work on and a 'just' some vertebrae's are a bit stiff?? He says once he has moved them then its down to me to keep them moving. I do go swimming and gym (specially for my back no heavy) I have noticed I do slightly lean recently but that is new and due to the pain and discomfort.
He doesn't seem to link the pain to any of my problems and says some are found by accident. Id like to know how things are found by 'accident' and are more than likely 'not' the cause of my pain and could of been there from birth even. How when I went for pain and problems can someone say that?? Ive one scan 18 year ago nothing showed so def weren't there before.

My list of problems are:

bulged discs to sagittal T1
weightted T1, axial T1weighted and T2 weighted through discs
subtle focal kyphotic change at the T11-12
scattered occasional haemangioma in T9, L3, L4 and S1 vertebral bodies
dessication of the thoracic and lumbar discs
small schmorls nodes adjacent to T11-12 and T10-11 discs
disc bulge at T11-12
facetal changes L3-4 and L4-5

They also found occasional haemangiomas on my liver (also get pain and swelling in that area)

and not sure which is causing my pain to me its my middle back/spine and surrounding areas I also often get burning feelings in my back and clicking of my spine and ribs when I breathe. My physio doenst know what the burning is and not concerned of the clicking as it doesn't cause extra pain but does seem to relieve a tiny bit, or best to say it feels like it needs to be done/feels out of place slightly???

My pain has got worse and seems to be wider area, just cant go on with this pain :(

• EMS GuyEEMS Guy Posts: 920
    edited 07/02/2013 - 1:53 AM
    That's a lot identified through an MRI. I can't speak to your specific issues since I haven't had everything you're dealing with but I do offer you a suggestion. Get a second medical opinion from either a Neuro or Ortho doc. Sometimes Physio docs choose to do more movement based treatments (which work great for a lot of people!) but may not be the best thing for you.

Trying to match everything you've got going on with someone else here would be a bit difficult. A second opinion may open some doors for other treatment options for you.

Several Epidurals, L4-S1 360 ALIF, Numerous Facet Joint Injections, RFA x2
  • Thanks, I thought it was a lot. Had problems a year or so before listened to. Expected one or two things but the list went on. My pain is just getting worse, constantly there and far bigger area then what I first complained about. When the list was read to me the doc said 'no operations' and sent me to physio. No disrespect but nhs physio is 10mins once a week can't see how it will help although treatment as its happening is relieving with the pressure on, but short lived. I was signed off twice before, but sent back after mri results saying now they no whats wrong they can help better......I feel its not sorting my problems at all and feel my problems are my pain, not sure which but don't believe for one min its posture or stiffness. Not saying that, that wont help.
    how do I get a second opinion, never been refered to a ortho or neuro although I believe I should as my arms/shoulders are weak and delaid at times, physio knows that and when I asked why they like that is it part of my back probs, he replied 'yes could be'. So no further forward and cant bare the pain. Pain killers don't work, so not taking anything, don't believe in toxics if not working :(
    Thanks for the reply