Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Fannypack sensation behind laminectomy incision

I had my surgery on March 28th of this year. I felt so much relief from all the symptoms I have dealt with for years. However, I started 2 weeks after surgery with the sensation of a huge bulge under my incision like I was wearing a fanny pack back there. I have had sweating over that area for the first month post-op and I was checked by my surgeon at 8 weeks and he did not feel any need to look into it. It is still there three months now and I asked my VA provider for an x-ray. The report is the same as before surgery except it mentions "lucency noted in the mid portion of the L5 vertebral body which may represent laminectomy changes" and to "correlate clinically". I haven't found anywhere where that is explained and my provider has yet to call me back on the results. Does anyone here know what that means?

• with your surgeon. We can't offer advice or suggestions as to what it might mean. I do hope that you will let us know , and in the meantime you may also want to call your surgeon's office and tell them that you are waiting for the call regarding the results from the xrays. That may get you a faster answer.
  • I appreciate your help and will enjoy learning more about the disease process I am experiencing. Have you any research information or source of information you can recommend for medical issues related to children who grew up in rural communities from 1955 - 1973? Of six children, we all have nervous system disorders, spinal and bone degeneration, two types of breast cancer, depression, kidney, heart, lung and some with various levels of fibromyalgia. I have discussed having genetic testing with family members in the past and they have chosen not to for various reasons. In fact there are three of us now who are on disability after 40 years of work. There are two who have seizures or "seizure=like episodes" not fully diagnosed. He has nearly complete hearing loss. We all made descent salaries while able to work and it prevents us from obtaining Medicaid along with the Medicare...wish is another way for us to be burdened by something we really have nor had control over. Our 81 yr old mother is questioning herself and any responsibility for our conditions. While we reassure her, we know she could not have done any better than she struggled to do for us. Thank you again..
  • rosireerrosiree Posts: 3
    edited 07/10/2013 - 8:55 PM
    treat studies she gets results on. I get the paper reports and there are questions or conditions on it that no treatment is started in a timely manner. The first was pneumonia not treated for a month and now it is the back x-ray she did as a follow up of my laminectomy late March whereas; I complained and still have this inflated balloon behind the incision. I particularly notice it when sit in a chair with lumbar support. It is the largest today so far after driving myself 1 1/2 hrs toward the VA and then back the next day. This morning it has spread from just below my ribs down to my S1. And to make me more worried, I felt wet on my back after a nap and it was washed down with sweat over the entire surface as this morning. I was not sweating anywhere else on my body. This is the second or third time it has done this since my surgery. I will fax the x-ray report to the surgeon tomorrow and give them a call to see what they have to say. Is anyone here who has experienced the same thing?