Hey guys, I've been dealing with chronic lower and thoracic back pain for over 9 months now.
I am a 24 year old extremely fit and healthy male with no history or back pain before this,
Any help or ideas on my symptoms would be so good. Thanks.
Heres my story..
1. 9 Months ago, was at work and leaning forward out of an elevated basket hanging cable on a wall. Immediately after my whole back was sore, next day i couldnt get out of bed.
2. 2months after, decided wasn’t healing on its own, saw a physio who said it was just tight.
3. Continued physio for a month with little results so stopped going.
4. 3 Months after, pain also started in Mid/Upper thoracic (huge spasm on right hand side T3—T11)
5. 5 Months after, continuing to work through pain, lying down through my whole break. Spasm won’t go away with physio, dry needling etc. Completely taken over the lower back pain. Pain goes away when I lay down nearly instantly.
6. 6 Months after, had a huge hard day at work on my own, the next day my pain was so bad I had to put a stop to it. Flew home three days later.
7. Been off work for 4 Months, tried physio, chiro, acupuncture, dry needling, massage, hydro therapy. Over the 4 months I have made a small amount of progress but still can’t stand for more than an hour or so at a time without ache starting, standing stationary is worse, moving is better. Sitting hurts my lower back, standing aches the thoracic at the T4-T9 Level. Either side, most of the time it’s centralized.
Any impact e.g. running, jumping causes pain and discomfort around L5-S1 and surrounding muscles tighten up including hip flexors, side of hips and deep ab muscle (possibly QL?)
So at this stage im stuck with low back pain most days and whenever i have to stand up (stationary is worse) my thoracic back area just aches to the point where i have to lay down.
X-Ray Thoracic and Lumbar Spine + Pelvis
Thoracic – Very Minor Scolioiss concave towards left. Discs, vertebra etc all normal.
Lumbar + Pelvis – Minor pelvic tilt, right side being higher, resulting in a minor mid lumbar scoliosis concave toward the right, most likely postural. Discs, vertebra, sacroiliac joints etc all normal. No spondyloliisthis or spondylolysis.
Along head/neck junctins of both femoral heads, there is bony “bump”. May cause femoroacetabular impingment. Clinical correlation is suggested.
Mild degeneration retrolisthesis at L3/4 and L4/5. Otherwise normal alignment.
L3/4 and L4/5 Minimal posterior bulging dics. Normal Facet Joints.
L5/S1 Normal disc and facet joints
Minimal disc degeneration at L3/4 and L4/5. No focal disc protrusion or evidence of significant spondylosis.
Thoracic alignment within normal limitis although minor endplate irregularity at T6/T7, may reflect past Scheurmanns disorder.
Other discs all normal.
Examination within normal limits.
Ultrasound of Organs e.g. Gallbladder, Liver etc. – All clear.
Blood tests – found Low iron (now taking iron supplements)
Any info would be so good, thanks heaps guys.