Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Never Give Up

Thomas_OxlandTThomas_Oxland Posts: 8
edited 07/08/2013 - 7:07 PM in Depression and Coping
When I was first injured, I remember waking up (i had bleeding on the brain from an impact) and seeing my fiance crying in the ambulance with me. I told her "I'm so sorry" before I passed out again. I honestly couldn't give a crap about myself, I have traveled far and wide and sucked the marrow clean out of life. In 29 years I have achieved amazing things.

This injury has lead me to extreme suicidal thoughts, I am 946,000 in debt yet I can't work. My girl works just to pay the rent...It's so
* hard. ( **EDITED for foul language) http://www.spine-health.com/forum/announcements/spine-health-announcements/inappropriate-language

I made a video of myself, my recovery thus far..... Never give up, because it's other people you hurt.

• AllMetalAAllMetal Posts: 1,189
    edited 07/06/2013 - 4:01 AM
    I think your family and everyone involved in your medical treatment hopes you'll take out an insurance policy (a great one) before jumping again....

I have to say, it takes guts to jump off a cliff in any situation. Best of luck in recovery.
    33yo mom of two. My surgical history...preadolescence scoliosis, kyphosis, and a hot mess.... 5 spine surgeries and lots of items added I wasn't born with (titanium, peek, surgical steel). Guess cremation is out. TSA loves me.
  • My full time job is a dream come true for me. I get paid to video people who make their first skydive, I interview them on the ground, in the plane, film the jump, film the landing and interview again. Then I edit it with music and give it to them. It's fantastic to see people enjoy their first jump. It isn't even much stress on the back as your instructor takes the brunt of it. I miss my job for sure.