Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New Member Welcome

Must the moderators put that long winded welcome message after every new posters first post? Liz, in particular never offers any support just cuts and pastes the entry. Sandi will at least put a personalized message there. One thread had two new users in it and Sandi posted the same message to both of them in the thread.

How about sending a PM instead?

• It's slightly annoying as someone who enjoys reading the forums... HOWEVER I must say it is an EXCELLENT letter and resource and if the newbies read it (and its links), prevents the same questions asked over and over and over which is probably more annoying in my opinion. I too enjoy reading Sandi's sound bites at the end of hers, but I recognize not everyone has time for that.

And as far as PMs... it was a month on here before I realized I had an inbox... just being honest....
    33yo mom of two. My surgical history...preadolescence scoliosis, kyphosis, and a hot mess.... 5 spine surgeries and lots of items added I wasn't born with (titanium, peek, surgical steel). Guess cremation is out. TSA loves me.
  • Liz,

I was not Moderator Bashing as you indicated in your PM to me. I was merely making a suggestion in the Forum Help, Troubleshooting, Suggestions forum stating some general examples. I would appreciate it if you would refrain from attacking me in a Private Message.

• LizLiz Posts: 7,832
    That was a polite PM indicating my job as moderator, and who I answer to doing this volunteer job as you pointed out I didn't offer support

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • I appreciated the long welcome to us newbies
    Information is greatly needed and appreciated
    Thanks moderators all

Still fumbling around this forum and how to use it LOL
  • I really see no issue with the moderator message. See for one thing, most members just click and check the box that says they agree to the rules. However, when they need them, they don't see them. Now you might assume that everyone reads all the new threads while that is wrong. For one we wouldn't have countless post asking the same questions like we do on lyrics. So if each new member gets the same welcome message, it will not help, it might actually help them, so they know they way around the forums. Back, I will send you a private message, as it seems you might have a issue. You can reply to me in the private message, as it is to you and it doesn't concern the rest of the forum.