Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Priformis, IT BAND, PFS and Gluteal Tendinitis

Let me start with letting you know that Im happy Im not alone... im glad i can share my situation with you all.
Im going to have a year having problems on my thighs.
I play basketball and ONE day... ONE DAY a year ago I jump to dunk and felt a little pain sensation on my left knee. on the outer part. Ok I stop playin for 3 weeks... I did the whole R.E.S.T. I still having that sensation on my leg. then i move from Dallas to MIAMI so i drove 23 hours. when I got to Miami the first thing I did was hoopin! the next day i have this pain on both legs..... thats was on August. I did not have insurance back then. I had to wait until January first to get insurance on my company. so form August to January 1st i had this pain on my thighs. I could not be sitting for more than 8 minutes because the outer middle and higher part of both thigh were in pain.. YEs i was trying to rest for like 2 weeks en then play basketball but the problems still. when i play basketball it hurts when Im about to jump or when im playing defense.
Ok I went to the Doctor. they said i had IT BAND . i wen to therapy for 12 seasons. they did deep massage, electro massage bla bla bla and NOTHING.... then by MAY 2013 getting worst, pain on my butt cheek, my hamstring, my IT band and then going down the shin and calf... at that point i was very worry.I change my doctor for one of the UM and he diagnose Piriformis syndrome.. he sent me to THERAPY AGAIN. I went to therapy and and the guy told that he will work on my spinal... he twist my back and that night i had back pain.. i went back to my UM doctor and i told him that i really wanna make sure about what was happening with me so i told him that i wanna do an MRI cuz he say something then the guy at the therapy center say something else.. no no I want the MRI. according to the Doctor i was fine and no issue with the nevers. i should be fine with therapy.. went back to therapy..... on therapy i was doing some piriformis stretch, some SQUADs..... after 3 weeks of 3 season per week i did not feel any better. ( i know it might take long time to recover but i was spending money and money. and if at least i feel a little better ok.. but not!
reading and reading i found out that acupuncture can be good to fix this problems.. when i went to the acupuncture center i show them the MRI results and they found THIS>>>> in MY FCAE and the UM FACE
"The MRI say the i have L4-5 Bulging Annulus which abuts the vertral thecal and L5-S1 right central disk herniation."
now up today i had 2 session and im still not feeling good... he told me that this might take 7 session due the disk issues.

i will keep you post.. i hope this post will have a happy ending.

this problems has completely change my life.... bless by God to have a life but concern about my situation. sometimes I read and read other experience and at night I stop praying for me and start praying for others! other that are in worst situation than me!

bless n bless

I will keep you post!

Bless n Bless

• LizLiz Posts: 7,832
    I am sure that you will find your time on Spine-Health very rewarding. This site is a powerful and integrated system that is dynamic and continues to grow.
    Here are just some of the highlights:

- Detailed medical libraries of Articles and Videos that address almost every Spinal Conditions and Treatment

- The Wellness section contains articles, tips and videos to help patients after surgery and also to help people avoid surgery.

- Under the Resource tab, there is a section Doctor Advice Health Center which can be invaluable.

- As a bonus, Spine-Health provides these patient forums. Here is where you can meet thousands of other people who understand and can relate to your situation. You will soon become part of the Spiney family who provide comfort and the advantages of a Support System. You are now part of this family that is approximately 20,600 International members and growing daily.

- It is very important to understand the Forum Rules to make sure all of your posts do not violate any of the rules.

- As a new member, it is helpful to understand the 'makeup' of these forums, how to make posts, tips on adding images and much more. You should read Forum FAQ

Here are some you should take a look at:
    Read before you post
    Tips for Newcomers
    Understanding the rules

All of this will help make your threads better and improve the times and quality of responses you will receive.

If you have any questions or need assistance, you can use the Private Message facility to contact any one of the Moderators on my team:

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • douss11ddouss11 Posts: 4
    edited 07/25/2013 - 6:11 AM
    when to acupuncture and they put the needles with electricity.
    i feel a little bit better but still feeling uncomfortable while i sit down
    Bless n Bless
  • I have all the above issues plus a few more. For no one to tell you about the herniated disk, I recommend you find a spine & pain doctor/practice. You need someone who understands the spine & hips. I have been to 30-40 doctors over 4 years & just now found someone who I think may have it right. Don't let them blame everything on your back. Start a pain journal. Write down what you can remember in order of pain & then start writing symptoms daily. You will need this info in correct order to get a better chance of getting a correct diagnosis.
  • Thanks a lot for replied to me and give me hope.
    The acupuncture is not working that much.
    Yeap! It spa many things. My thighs, my IT band, my knee and my shins and calves...
    I found out that when I roll a towel and put it in my upper part of the back my thighs does not bother that much. But still bother by the calves on the side part up top.

I will look for a spin and pain doctor around here in Miami fl.

Please keep me update it in your progress. Trust me I hope you the best! Cuz if it works for you it might work for me.

Bless n Bless