Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Weather Changes

Anybody else out there feeling the effect of the cold front moving through the Midwest? When there is a big change in the weather, my back doesn't like it too much. Slept like crap, no matter what position I tried laying in, still uncomfortable. My surgeon wasn't kidding when he said I'll be a human barometer due to the hardware in my back.

Since I'm not allowed to have breakthrough meds (policy at PM doc's office) I get to take Tylenol and Advil hoping for some relief. Fun times.
Several Epidurals, L4-S1 360 ALIF, Numerous Facet Joint Injections, RFA x2

• KarenDKKarenD Posts: 742
    edited 07/27/2013 - 3:22 PM
    Fun times.You bet - I feel changes in weather all the time. I don't know if I can predict rain, but I can tell when a change is coming! I'm glad I'm not alone.

4 level ACDF C4-C7 5-2-11, laminectomy & discectomy L4-L5 1/26/12, ALIF L4-5, L5-S1 12/10/12.
  • kamgramkkamgram Posts: 483
    edited 07/27/2013 - 8:58 PM
    We have been having alot of rain in Southeast and had a cold front come through the other day and had a horrible day. Worst for me are when hurricanes come inland...Oh the pain is horrible :(

• We had rain for days (felt like an entire year) in the Northeast......I asked my doctor about the increased pain, and he said that I would 'feel the weather for about a year' and then the effects of it would diminish over time! :( It is tough, I know the feeling.
    Olivia Douglass
    MIS TLIF L5/S1 on 5/1/13
  • EMS GuyEEMS Guy Posts: 916
    edited 07/28/2013 - 4:01 PM
    The weather aches didn't stop after a year for me. Still going strong!
    Several Epidurals, L4-S1 360 ALIF, Numerous Facet Joint Injections, RFA x2
  • RangerRRanger on da rangePosts: 805
    Anything below 60 degree's and my body aches. Not sure if humidity really effects me any differently.