Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

This site was a huge waste of time

Joey29JJoey29 Posts: 22
edited 07/29/2013 - 8:24 PM in Chronic Pain
As a member for a short period of time with dealing with chronic pain for over two years ago I pour my heart out on this site when I can barely keep myself together but every time I get something out someone has a rude comment or something like go see a psychologist something that I already am by the way I am not the crazy person some of you like to pick apart I will not go to a place I have for almost 6 months now because I get afraid of the back lash of the posts where everything that builds up in my head gets put somewhere and in there it stays now it stays where it is till it has done its job I love those that tried to help
and comfort me .

• people have the right to speak their minds and if you don't like it, then go on and ignore it. by saying i am leaving you sound like a 5 year old that said i am taking my ball because you don't play fair. don't be so sensitive. this site is not just for hugs and kisses but honest dialogue. look at the rules and it specifies this. so don't let the door hit you on the way out
    I have 4 fusions from L5-3, the latest last May '12 where they fixed my disc that broke.They went through my side this time. I take 40 mg of oxycontin 4x a day and 4 fenatyl lollipops 300 micro gms 4x a day.
  • I'm sorry if my reply sounded harsh in your original post.

I wasn't trying to be mean...was just trying to relate to you as I too have family issues.

I thought maybe trying to focus on the good would help...sorry if it sounded abrasive.
    Je t'adore
  • We are all here to provide suggestions. Sometimes it may not be something you want to hear, but most people want to give you some hopefully useful ideas. Being in chronic pain sucks and can make a person depressed and defensive. I try my best to tell my own story and experiences in hopes of helping others who haven't found a solution or a treatment that is helping to reduce symptoms. Sorry you feel the way you do, but things will get better. I have days where I just want to lay down and not talk to anyone and there are days I feel like I can take my kids to do activities. Just don't give up hope that you will find the right solution. I still haven't!
    2011 ACDF C5-6 for Spondylosis with Myleopathy
    2012 L4-5 herniated disc and hernated disc at C4/5 2013 Taking Amitriptyline for headaches
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,862
    Sorry that you are leaving the site.
    This site is not for everyone. The sites's objective is to provide medical information and patient forums to help anyone who is looking for help. The detailed medical information, articles, videos and much more are always there. The free patient forum is a means to be able to discuss your situation with others to get their input, feedback and make you think some more.

Spine-Health is comprised of international members who have all sorts of experiences with Spinal problems. Some, this may be there first time, while others having been dealing with spinal issues for over 25 years. Knowing this helps new people to understand that they may receive a wide variety of posts, some cooing, some with reality, perhaps cold at times, some with their own experiences. All of this must fall within the rules of this site. It is our job as moderators to make sure this is done.

I have reviewed your posts and have not seen any violation of rules. I do see exactly what I described above.

The decision to stay or leave is purely personal. If you still want to leave, let me know if you want me to take care of your member name, delete it, remove the ads, etc If you wish to stay, thats fine, now that you understand the way we work
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Hi Joey, I just wanted to pop in and give my thoughts, for whatever it's worth. I am so sorry that some people have been rude to you and you are choosing to leave. I am new here, but I have "lurked" for awhile. In no way have I been given the impression that you are "crazy". You sound like a very intelligent and insightful person. I am really sorry for all your pain and adversity. I totally understand where you are coming from.

I really don't have any advice...I wish I could find the right words. I hope things get better for you and I hope you change your mind and decide to stay here.