Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

S*x after SCS surgery?

Wife is asking me how long after the perm SCS goes in, can we resume. We have a pretty active sex life nad I have been here long enough to know that candid and frank discussions are valid topics.

So, can we get some input on the time frame for resumption of sex and limitations, if any?
Obviously, the chandelier hanging stuff will probably be off the list for a while, but just everyday stuff, how long?
advertisement

Comments

• But today the Doc said two weeks
  • dang it. I forgot to ask that today lol. Yes, I really forgot. I know I was told to do just listen to my body, if it hurts don't do it or find a way to do it that won't hurt as much. So that is what rule I am going with. Not sure really what to say about other's situations as my surgery seems to be quite minimal compared to a lot of people on here.
    36 yr old with one degenerative disc (L5-S1)
    3 rounds of Epidurals in 2013
    6 PT visits in 2013
    Microdiscectomy L5 S1 on 9/5/2013.
    Re-herniated in January 2014.
    Epidural on 3/3/14.
    A/PLIF (L5-S1) 6/3/14
  • is usually dependant on what the surgeon tells you. It is a common question and the answer is usually when you feel you are ready but usually the time frame depending on the type of surgery is somewhere between 2 weeks and 8 weeks depending on several factors.
  • TerriPTTerriP Posts: 303
    edited 09/24/2013 - 11:41 AM
    I would just feel pain hope my implant reopens doors long closed
  • 64p Volvo and your asking this we have to talk LOL
    To be safe when you get the ok turn the device down low or off until you find out how positional it is . Wouldn't want any over stimulation would we. Oh hell crank it up and see what happens might make a good utube video
    Sorry have to have some fun with all this crap anyway
    Good Luck and think about the pressure on the leads, you don't want any of them moving
    Have fun get a charge out of it.
  • She's ready for a shocking experience! Just like good ole days w the cattle prods and gauchos and......oops, was that out loud? Never-mind!

Seriously, I'm just looking forward to the relief and the rest can wait and come naturally.
  • Make sure you do not pul your arms up in the air and I would be concerned about leads moving or breaking in the first two months because my husband had to have his stimulator leads redone twice in the four years of having it. The ladt time he was given a girdle type brace to wear around his middle for two months.
  • winker said:
    Make sure you do not pul your arms up in the air and I would be concerned about leads moving or breaking in the first two months because my husband had to have his stimulator leads redone twice in the four years of having it. The ladt time he was given a girdle type brace to wear around his middle for two months.
    Wait a minute, this begs a question....how long before I can get a gooooood stretch? I've yearned to just throw the arms over my head in the morning and stretch e body out completely like I used to. And, are you saying this is a long term limitation with the leads?
  • I was told to not do anything besides showering and getting dressed with regards of putting my arms over my head. No lifting with arms over head, no real big stretches with arms over head for about two months. I do now but I have trained myself to be cautious of what I am doing with regards to lifting, stretching and weird movements.

I think I was told a month. I also went back to work after a month. I didnt have leads though, I had the paddle implanted.

Also, I usually turn off my scs during sex. i'm not usually having sex unless my pain is fairly tolerable and I don't like to have to worry about when changing positions will change the strength of the scs
advertisement