Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Pain Medication 5 wks ACDF post op?

Hi I'm a newbie here and am hoping to get some advice on pain after acdf surgery.
I was in a car accident in Nov 2012 after constant neck and shoulder pain and unable to turn my neck to the right all the way Dr. sent me for an MRI. MRI showed a severe bulging disc c6 and I was referred to Neurosurgeon.
July 16 2013 I had an ACDF surgery and Nero removed disc and put plastic spacer in.
I am still having a lot of pain in my neck, burning pain at the top of my spine that radiates down between shoulder blades, and right arm pain threw entire arm especially the elbow. Also having pain at the top of my neck/base of my skull.
My nerosurgeon says that I shouldn't be having anymore pain and has blown it off and my primary dr has made me feel like a drug seeker. My pain is constant but pain level fluctuates threw out the day and evening. I have trouble even laying down at night finding a comfortable position. I'm so frustrated and don't know where to go or what to do about my pain anymore. I wait to take the pain medication I have left until I'm in severe pain because the Dr won't fill it again.
Should I already be recovered and pain free from a level 1 ACDF surgery? Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated..

• I would be seeking a pain management doctor if I were you most surgeons and PCP don't want to screw with prescribing narcotic medications. Pain Management is typically more understanding as that is their specialty!
    L5-S1 anterior/posterior 360 fusion Aug 2013
    Grade 2 spondy, Severe DDD L5-S1
    L4 Facet arthritis
  • I am 32 says post surgery and saw a PM doctor today. I remember the Surgeon tolline me after 1-2 months they do not treat pain problems.

I don't want to invade your post but my pain nas been poorly managed since I left the OR. Not much was donw for me.
    40 year old mom
    Tlif July 18