Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Has anyone heard from TerriP

Her surgery was supposed to be on Tues. I haven't seen any posts from hers since before then.

• I haven't seen her name on since then. I hope that she is just taking it easy and resting a bit...or better yet, out there in the world doing things she wasn't able to do......
  • So sorry, I had the home health care aide from HELL for first 2 days, she said "I dont plug in laptops" (along with a bunch of other stuff she she didnt do) Im good. NONE of my regular pain for almost 3 days. I have leads up to c-6. The surgeon and Medtronics spent 3 hours with me awake on table trying to place the stim and leads for coverage. Post-op it was almost 7pm she programed my right arm and my left arm isnt turned on. No more programing till the 16th and battery will die by then. I have the Medtronic new unit "my stim?" and a small suitcase of gadgets. More latter, Im much better than I thought with both kinds of pain. PM DR also gave pretty strong post opp pain meds so also not as bad. More in a tad. I havent started the volumes of technology reading on my devices yet YAS THANKS FOR CARING!
  • TerriPTTerriP Posts: 303
    edited 09/06/2013 - 9:00 AM
    It's an absolute miracle. The 2 1/2 days my shoulder muscles were soft! Its been 6 years. No heating pad and no TENS till last night. I slept with heat last night but much better today. My trial it took 6 days to get these results. The surgeon wasnt impressed and didnt think it was a good trial. Hence, the fear and procrastination moving forward. Surgeon thought he could get more direct coverage on table. Took four hours and he went back tothe trial results. Everyone in or was kind of disappointed. No better luck with rep after surgery. Surgicenter kicked us out at 7pm. Rep did not expects results but said I could leave it on and play with the one side that she had time to get stim. Im shocked Im getting any results! AND only one side is turned on. No stim in left arm which is where nerve pain is worse??? Ans no pain?? Battery back is where one would get love handles. To make any adjustments I have to plug in and hold plastic key on to bandage then go up or down in intensity. No other programs right now. BUT, to change ANYTHING I have to hold that piece to my body and turn on remote. I dont know how that will work for me???? If I can go back to work and I need more stim or I get a jolt, I have to have the device near me always. Again, I have leads so.....dont know yet how this will be going forward. BUT I am free (so far) of the heating pad cord I took everywhere I went and the tens unit in my hand every day everywhere. Interesting
  • Yay Terri! Love the in-depth response, and you're quite welcome. :)