Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

positive outcome

I am 6 mos. post op from acdf with instrumentation at c6-7. I have had a very good recovery. From a couple of days after surgery I have been pain free and all the numbness I had in my arm and hand is gone. My neurosurgeon is very careful and made me wear a rigid collar for 3 months but I am glad he did. I went back to work three weeks ago in a very physically demanding job as a truck driver. I am glad that I had the surgery even though I was terrified after reading all of the horror stories online.I Thank God for a skilled surgeon, the support and prayers of my family and friends in my recovery. I look forward to the future. God is good!

• It is always wonderful to read about those positive outcomes! I am thrilled for you, and wish you nothing but the best. It's really great for new patients to read that there are in fact, many, many wonderful outcomes, where it turns out just like it is supposed to.
  • grammaof9ggrammaof9 Posts: 263
    edited 09/11/2013 - 3:54 AM
    I had posterior PCDF 11weeks today still in rigid collar C3 to C 7 and hoping for same out come. Still on meds but 1 more week I have to start weaning off. Then 4 to 6 weeks of physical therapy. ROM therapy and shoulder muscles. Good luck to you Bill and I love to hear great results. I also feel I had great surgeon.
  • RangerRRanger on da rangePosts: 805
    I will chime in too, 6 years ago I was fused from C4 thru C7 approached both anterior and posterior for added stability. Great results and still solid. Planning additional fusion below from C7 thru T2 in the near future due to OA and wonderful genetics. ;-)
    No fear going into this next go-round just don't look forward to recovery and down time.
    Like that saying goes, "attitude is everything."
    You all take care.
    edited 09/17/2013 - 1:36 PM
    Throw some of that my way, collar off 2x for 1hour feel like a bobble head. How come can't start therapy and have to wait until its off for 12hours.
    hi vicki,
    You got it girl, sent some , you should have it by now. ;-) lol
    For some reason I never had therapy, was never ordered. I think after some time you lose muscle tone in your neck and it's just a matter of time for them to strengthen.
    Be strong, be patient, and above all, be safe.
  • Hi
    I had anterior cervical fusion with instrumentation at C5-6, no collar, soft or ridgid and no PT
    i am now 2 1/2 years post op and i am ok
    Dont even feel like i had neck surgery
    Just get stiffness in the neck if i turn the wrong way
    edited 10/11/2013 - 1:20 PM
    I had the 4level c3 to C7. Collar for 3 months and now brutal physical therapy. Collar came off for good on Oct. 3 started therapy Oct. 4th, 7th and 10th. I am surprised how much range of motion have. Now told 9 months to 1year for full fusion if I fuse. Hopefully mine will go as good as rest but now need that second shot for my l5-S1 And shots for right knee. Never ends I guess
    In regards to vicki's last post is if we did not have these other issues such as lower back, knee's, arthritis, gastro-intestinal
    problems our post-op pain would be much worse. ;-) LOL
    Heck, my lower neck feels pretty good right now even though it has collapsed and needs repair soon. I have enough other
    "diversions" in my body to take care of that.
    have a wonderful day!