Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Lumbar Laminectomy

Has anyone had a lumbar laminectomy without any of the other issues? My doctor is recommending I have this done at L3-L5 due to severe stenosis. I am wondering about recovery time. He is telling me some patients are back to work in 2 weeks but I find that hard to believe. Any thoughts or expierences would be appreciated.
2004 - 2005 - 3 surgeries in 18 months to fix/fuse C6-C7.
Nov 2013 - Laminectomy from L3 to S1
Nov 2014 - Micro Discectomy L4 L5.

• Hi i just had three lamenectomies for stenosis

and then a diskectomy at L4/5 also

Lamenectomies have a very high sucess rate for SPINAL STENOSIS

I had tgem to prevent paralysis, my foot drop was getting worse
    The surgery was to prevent further weakness, numbness, tingling, tripping on my toes/foot

Hope this helps a but, ask me any qhestions, my surgery was fiur weeks ago
  • I had an L4-L5 laminectomy in 2010, and I think I went back to work at three weeks. I could have gone back sooner, as I was feeling really well, but I drive a standard and clutching in traffic for an hour kinda worried me. I had really good success with the laminectomy for about a year, and then began having pain again . . . but I have other issues that are likely playing into that, as I'm now looking at a possible L5-S1 fusion.

Good luck as you move forward with your decision!