Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

September Surgery Buddies

Hi All,

I am in need of a September Cervical Fusion Surgery Buddy... I am scheduled for 2 fusions on September 24th. Hoping to talk with someone who has gone through or is going to go through a cervical fusion. Hoping my nerves calm down before surgery.

• HI Everpeach....if you will look further down there is a post already started for September surgeries. I would just repost in this section to share with the many others having surgery this month. Will be thinking about you and praying for your anxiety to be eased.

• Hi Everpeach and welcome! Please join September surgery buddies. I too am having ACDF one level C5-C6 on September 26th and my nerves are on overload. I have my PST tomorrow. I've had two major surgeries this year, a hysterectomy in November and a rotator cuff repair in May from a car accident in March. This ACDF is another car accident event. I know that my fears are from the whole idea of the throat being cut opened and the swallowing issue after. We are in this together!

• I met with the Vascular surgeon who assists my back surgeon. He doesn't want me to eat anything for the 2 days before surgery except chicken broth, jello (which I hate) and Popsicles. Then of course I can't eat the day of surgery and possibly just broth the next day. That's as much as 4 days without solid food. Yikes!
    Artificial disc at L5S1 for 10 years. Had 3 Level lumbar fusion and Laminectomy on Sept 27, 2013. It was an OLIF (Oblique Lumbar Interbody Fusion) with cages, BMP, rods & screws. Norco, Plaquenil
  • I was actually fearing a sore throat and the swallowing issues.
    I had my c5-7 acdf just this past Thursday and was eating solid foods later that day.
    They gave me turkey and gravy for dinner and then on the next day, I had french toast and bacon for breakfast and a cheeseburger for lunch. My throat was just a little sore, I have had sore throats worse than the pain I was experiencing due to my surgery.
    I hope you all have the same outcome!
    God Bless
    c5-7 acdf 9/12/13