Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

4 hours out of house no heating pad...no problem!

Just got staples out and friends took me out to lunch. This is the first time Ive enjoyed anything without the heating pad in 3 years. Im NOT PROGRAMMED YET! 13 days post surgery. And leads not paddles. Im still not sure of the leads, but thats what I have so going to have to give it a shot and have faith.

• that's excellent that you were able to enjoy some time out with your friends and are doing well........
  • Don't worry about the leads they will work just be careful has long has you can.
    Worse case they can reposition them. What's another day on a table.
    You say no programming yet are you using it? Didnt they give you a couple of programs in the recovery room?
  • I was on the table with dr and rep trying to get better coverage for 3 hours. It was almost 7pm and medtronic rep gave me 1 program to go home with on left side. Had to wait 2 weeks for right side. We still dont have the "sweet spot" Rep said has to scar in 2 months and is very positional. My right side was programed Tuesday. A, every "for now" setting. That being said, It seems that every morning I wake up in less pain. Regular pain is there from about 4pm on but not as bad. AND I still have discomfort with incision which is near my regular pain. Hard to say what is what. I am so happy for you!