Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Cerebral Steroidal Epidural

My dr wants me to have a Cerebral, Steroidal Epidural, I am only 45 & scared about this had cortisone done a month & a half ago & it barely helped, & hurt like crazy even though he said there was a numbing agent going in as the injections do I have epilepsy also & am concerned that since I am still feeling tons of pain, I am wondering if I will end up living with the pain the rest of my life & if getting this epidural is worth it, especially since there's no guarantee & I could actually be worse afterwards.

Anyone have these & have any words of wisdom?
c4-c7 fusion & cadaver bone October 3 2013

• sandisandi Posts: 6,343
    edited 09/16/2013 - 6:54 PM
    I am including a link to a post regarding pain management steps for getting chronic pain treated, and it applies to cervical, thoracic and lumbar areas. It might help you to see that there are steps to getting pain treated, and injections are just one step in the process. In many instances, these injections work well, and do relieve pain for days, weeks and in some cases months.....so they are well worth at least trying once or twice to see if they do help. They are also used to diagnose /confirm that a suspected area that is believed to be the pain cause is in fact that area. If it relieves the pain, then it confirms the area, if not, it helps to rule that area out.http://www.spine-health.com/forum/pain/chronic-pain/chronic-pain-treatment-step-step