Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

leg cramp?

For 3 or 4 days now my left calf muscle has been real tight and is swollen for no apparent reason. I did not do anything unusual that I know of. I stand up all day long because I can't sit without getting worse pain so luckily it's not bad standing. Worse for going up or down stairs. My legs are pretty skinny so you can tell one muscle is larger. It's not real painful like a regular leg cramp, it's just always there and won't go away.

So I do a search on causes and one of them was spinal injury/pinched nerve! Can it be?

My only medications are Hydrocodone and 1/2 a flexeril at night.

• It could be, but is the area warmer or is there a color difference along with the swelling? It could also be a blood clot or an inflammed vein or artery in your leg . Especially since you stand in one place so much of the day, sitting or standing too long can contribute to those problems. You might want to talk to your GP and have him at least see the area.....if it was a blood clot or a thrombophlebitis, you really want to get it treated.....
  • I get leg cramps in my thighs, as well as lower legs and it gets very painful. I'm wondering if they may be related to the leg spasms? I also get numbness in both calves. I don't know what triggers it, other than sitting too long. It's a lose lose situation because if I sit too long, it hurts, but It's hard to stand because of the numbness and balance/weakness issues. I really wish they could tell me what's going on.
    ~*Let all that you do be done in love*~