Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

ACDF c5/c6

toninuttoninu Posts: 1
edited 09/17/2013 - 7:44 PM in Neck Pain: Cervical
1yr 5 months ago i was involved in a traffic accident.
got a couple of fractures in my cervical region but the main concern is the disc between c5-c6.
my current state is that of constant neck pain, increasing when sitting down orstaing in some weird (not upright) position for some moments, eg. kneeling down to reach for something etc..
also i have weakness and some muscle wastage in my left arm, (i am left handed and was much stronger than my right).
my doctor has recommended ACDF with synthetic graft and fusion plate.

any idea what to expect post op? recovery time with the method they will use on me? should the pain in my neck subside?
I have read a lot of posts but a lot don't mention what method the particular operation used.
My biggest concern right now is the constant pain in my neck, the arm, i can live with it.
I just turned 26 last month am perfectly healthy, and used to work out regularly.

the surgeon is going to be http://www.bmihealthcare.co.uk/consultant/consultantdetails?p_name=Joseph-Borg&p_id=45442

i a going to be admitted on the 14th of october for the surgery

• Hi
    Your post caught my eye because a friend of mine had a three level acdf with a synthetic grafting that was a failure. Be very careful doing this. Read all you can about what products you will be using. The old golden standard is the best. This is a fusion with your own bone from your hip or in my case a donor bone which is still normal human bone.
    Take your time and find out what product and why they want to use it over the ways already proven.

Good Luck