Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Spondylolisthesis/ ddd / bulging l4l5

My name is mike I'm 26. I hurt my back at my old warehouse job where I was worked like a dog 55 to 65 hr aweek. And was diagnosed with spondylolisthesis/ddd/2bulging disk of l4l5 and have done 12 sessions of physical therapy but has not improved at all with my pain I find myself not being active because of the pain. Don't know what to expect next. Right now my l&i is trying to prove my injury was pre existing. Can hard labor of the back csuse ddd cause I have never been diagnosed with it till my back injury what should I do

• DDD is a generic term used that encompasses the normal aging process of our spines. The majority of people will eventually have enough deterioration of the spine to be diagnosed with the condition if they had an MRI. Hard labor and lifting heavy objects, especially if not done properly can add to the deterioration and cause the bulging discs.
    I think it would be hard for them to prove that it was pre-existing if you've never seen a Dr for back problems before this.
    Did you file something a work when you hurt yourself? It would seem that would show a cause and effect.
    laminectomy c4/c5 2008, ACDF c4-c7 Jan 20 2014 sched
  • Mike, I can speak to the spondylolisthesis...what grade is it? I've been suffering a grade 2 spondy at L4/L5 and L5/S1 for about 6 years now. I spent the first few years suffering passively, then in an effort to avoid surgery I got to work on my abs and core...found a rehabilitative pilates instructor who did wonders for me, plus deep water exercise classes which seems a bit silly, but its all about strengthening the small stabilizing muscles. Took gabapentin and meloxicam, and also went for steroid and facet injections. Found considerable relief for about 2 years, then a year and a half ago had a significant car accident and just gave up and said yes to surgery.
    Had a PLIF fusion with laminectomy and hardware 6 weeks ago today, and am feeling great!
    Just some suggestions for you to explore...I had mixed results with the injections. Sometimes id have months of reljef, sometimes it didn't do much for me at all. I feel like I really lucked out with the doctors and surgeons I came across, I know not everyone can say the same.
    All the best!
  • Hey There,

I am also 26 and am just over 6 months out of a L5/S1 fusion for some of the same issues you've been diagnosed with. I dealt with the pain (getting increasingly worse) for well over 5 years and it was not worth it. Did your doctor give you a treatment plan? I also had mixed results from the injections (had a total of 3) and am doing great since the fusion. I sure hope that you're able to get some relief from your pain and get the answers you need!
    Olivia Douglass
    MIS TLIF L5/S1 on 5/1/13
This discussion has been closed.