Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Will I need surgery?

Im not sure if I am posting in the right place, but here goes...
6 years ago I was in an accident where my T3, T5 and T7 were crushed.
About a year ago I started to get burning, tingling in my feet which is constant and has never gone away but the pain levels vary from week to week.
I have more recently had bladder issues where I have to use the toilet 5 or 6 times every hour, and at night times nothing will actually come out, yet my bladder feels really full and I cant sleep.
I didnt know these two were related and just found out they are most likely caused by my crushed spine.
My question is what I can do about this? Will I need to get surgery? Will the pain in my feet get worse? Will my bladder ever go back to normal?
Any advice, help would be so much appreciated.

• Have you told your doctor about these developments? If this is related to the spine injury it could indicate cord impingement which is serious. If you haven't done so contact your GP/spine surgeon asap and get it checked out (MRI scan probably).

I'm not young enough to know everything - Oscar Wilde
  • thoracic spine painthoracic spine pain Posts: 566
    edited 09/24/2013 - 11:47 PM
    If it is your spine you need to see a Dr straight away as it is a very serious symptom. It maybe something else but if you are peeing that many times in an hour, it is very serious. Please do not ignore this as if your spine is damaged the longer you leave it the more serious it will get. Please follow Mick's advice and see a Dr NOW.
  • changes in either your bladder or bowel functions, are very serious and need to be addressed as soon as possible. You need to contact your surgeon TODAY and let them know what is going on, and the frequency of it. Delaying doing that can and will cause permanent injury if it is related to your spine.