Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Anyone have vibrations/muscle twitches

I have severe stenosis on 3 levels of my cervical spine, impacting my spinal cord, I posted here a while back. Besides the pain and occasional numbness in my hand, shoulder and bottom of my foot I have what feels like I'm attached to an electrical outlet most of the time. I get a buzzing, vibration feeling. I also have muscle twitches as well in my arms, legs and chest. I am not currently on any medicine for the pain. Does anyone else get these twitches and vibrations?
C3-C6 herniated causing severe foraminal stenosis pressing against the left ventral aspect of the spinal cord.

• Hello and Welcome to SH, sorry no one has got back to you regarding on going issues. I have had 2 Cervical surgeries.
    First one was a 3 level acdf and Second one was a 3 level posterior surgery. I would have to say I have felt those same issues however I am not a Doctor. If I were you I would go and get some testing done. They have many test to check your symtoms.

Good Luck and please keep us posted!!!

ACDF C4-C7 5/13/2010. Synthetic Bone Graft Failed Fusion.
    PCF C4-C7 8/13/13. Rods and Screws Fused in 3 Months with Autograft.
    C6-C7 Spineous process Surgically Shaved Off 3/11/14.
  • Thank you for your reply! In your case was your neck causing these issues. I approached my NS about it, he asked if it was constant and in one spot or if it went away. I told him it comes and goes and he wrote something down, and then moved on to another symptom. In general I have found my NS to be not very helpful, just to tell me I am too young to have these issues. I am curious, is this something that could be caused by the nerves misfiring because of the spinal cord pressure?
    C3-C6 herniated causing severe foraminal stenosis pressing against the left ventral aspect of the spinal cord.
  • Hi! I have numb hands, forearms and feet. I had ACDF C5-C6 at the end of 2011. My numbness presented a few weeks ago. I have always had muscle twitches and also leg twitches within in the past 2 years. Your NS should pay more attention to you instead of dismissing anything you say with your young age. Those visits aren't cheap! I hope you can find out what is causing your symptoms. They sound nerve related to me, but I'm no doctor. Best wishes!
    Chronic pain since 2007. Have scoliosis. Had ACDF surgery for C5 Dec 2011. Sick of dealing with pain. I just turned 32 and struggle through but work full-time in IT.
  • I had a L5 S1 Microdiscectomy on September 5th of this year and about a week and half after surgery, I was sitting in bed writing and I had, what I would describe, the feeling of my bed shaking happen. It wasn't the full bed, just under my butt and my left leg (where I had all of my nerve issues due to a herniation). I did't think much of it, and just chalked it up to maybe the person that lives a floor below me shutting a door. Well, it has happened at least a dozen times since then. It doesn't hurt, it just shocks me out of my train of thought. Along with that, for the last week, once I am relaxed in bed (laying on my back), my left leg will twitch and sometimes even jump. Just once. Again, no pain, but it's just strange that both legs don't do it or feel it.
    36 yr old with one degenerative disc (L5-S1)
    3 rounds of Epidurals in 2013
    6 PT visits in 2013
    Microdiscectomy L5 S1 on 9/5/2013.
    Re-herniated in January 2014.
    Epidural on 3/3/14.
    A/PLIF (L5-S1) 6/3/14
  • I also get the muscle twitching and the vibrations. I thought I was losing my mind when I would get those vibrations, I would look around to see if the dogs where near me and moving the couch or wherever I would be at the time. Geez I am so glad to know I am not going bonkers, that others have the same thing, lol. I also have cervical issues and am scheduled for a 4 level ACDF October 15th. I am nervous but ready to be on the recovery side and hopefully pain free, that is the main goal.
    Klangenfeld what are they doing for you, are you looking at surgery in the future for the stenosis?
    Orlando Florida
    4 Level ACDF
    October 15th, 2013
  • Thank you everyone! I seriously thought at first with all of it that I was going a bit crazy. I am starting to believe it really depends on how I turn my neck for most of these symptoms. If I turn my head to the right and lay on my right side my legs, arms and chest go crazy, vibrating, and twitching. Other side, lots of pain but nothing.

xtravira-Is your numbness on the bottom of your feet, or all of your feet? I have numbness probably the first couple hours after I get up in my hands as well but gradually comes back. I am always dropping things though if I don't focus on the fact that I am holding them, if that makes sense.

Renners Chick-That is almost exactly where my muscles jump in my legs. It's very weird. Although, to my knowledge I don't have anything in my lower spine that would be causing that.

Weeble Wobble- I actually have a scheduled appointment with my NS on the 9th. His original stance is that I am "too young to have these issues and he won't do surgery on me unless absolutely necessary." I'm 27, but I am starting to wonder what his opinion of absolutely necessary is. As far as I can tell, spinal compression in 3 places, I can't move one arm/hand/shoulder because of the constant spasms, and my other hand and shoulder goes numb, as do the bottoms of my feet but I am not the NS.
  • Man, where do I start. I had an Anterior Cervical Corpectomy (C3-C4) in June, 2011. From the time I woke up from surgery I had electrical signals every few minutes shooting to my right hand and into my fingers. It has waned quite a bit since and only occurs once in a while. The doctor said it was part of the healing process. I have a continuous stinging sensation in my right forearm. This hasn't abated at all yet.

I am unable to feel anything from my chest down (pain, hot vs cold, etc.)..but only on the right side. Occasionally I'll feel burning from the interior portion of my right foot and inside the right calf. In the beginning it lasted all day. That was the only sensation I could feel on my right side. Now, as I heal, the sensation goes away rapidly.

My left shoulder muscles are now twitching, as are the left bicep and middle back muscles. If I sit or am sendentary too long, and when I try to stand, my left side spasms, or should I say a super stretch. It feel like every muscle on my left side is compressed to it's limit. I can not move until it stops, usually after 5 to 10 seconds. It appears to some people like I'm having a seizure while standing. In the morning after sleeping, it takes me about 15 to 20 minutes for the spasms/stretching to abate so I can get out of bed.

You may think this a horrible way to live, but believe me the alternative was even worse. My spinal cord was almost folded in half by a spinal protrusion. The alternative was being a quad. During surgery, the Doctor had to remove bits of material from in between strands of spinal tissue. I'm thankful to be moving at all.

I wish you luck on all of your issues.
    Anterior Cervical Corpectomy on June 1, 2011 and I'm still screwed up!
  • Thank you for responding rdelong. I have the spasms in the morning as well, but I notice most of them right before I go to sleep, but they are exacerbated by how I am laying. It sounds to me like everyone can have very different symptoms presenting. I'm so glad the doctor was able to remove bits of material from your spinal tissue. I hope you continue to heal!!